No, it's not the bifocal stage.
I'm finding out something about myself that surprises me.
No, not that no matter how hard I try, I just don't like guava. Can we hold all the guesses until the guesses and accusations segment, please?
Thank you.
What I've been finding out is that sometimes, without an assignment, I'm not exactly a self-starter.
There. I said it.
Now, I realize that many of us need inspiration at times, and I also know that I've occasionally come up with ideas for projects on my own, but here's the deal: it seems that if there is not a swap, a challenge, or a holiday forthcoming, I leave many things unfinished. Currently, I have three canvases, an altered box, and a necklace unfinished. And it's not because they are too difficult or scary. I know I can learn new techniques and challenge myself. But, because I was making them 'just for me', it seems like I don't really have to finish them. But, why is it not okay to finish something for myself? Why is it not okay to stretch myself just to stretch myself?
So, I decided to make something without a deadline or expectations from anyone, and without knowing exactly what rules I had to follow, such as size, thematic elements, functionality, or smell. And here's what I have so far.

As discussed in the previous post, I was inspired to this project by an article from Somerset Studio, written by Michelle Ward. I'm making a theatre model.

Trust me, this has been a challenge. It's also been a lot of fun. I am past all the scary parts, like images, angles, sturdiness and smell, and on to the embellishment, which is often my favorite part. The theme has changed in my mind three times already. Now I have a fairly clear idea of how I want it to look at the end.
I've also had ideas for two other models. One of them is for a replica of the Old Globe Theatre, and one is for Heidi Klum.
HAAahahAHAAAH!
15 comments:
Well this looks pretty spiffy Dahling! Rock On (on your own stage!) Ha
Oh cool! And then when it's done, you must make paper-doll actors to scale, with paperclips attached to their bases for stability, and then glue a magnet to a stick so you can open the drawer, poke the stick in under the stage, and move the actors about as you put on plays!
It's beautiful and I will thank you profusely when you give it to me.
Anonymous K
Love this stage thingy thing : )
Very cool theatre! Looks like it took a lot of fine finger work and patience.
Erin in Morro Bay
this is wonderful! I can hardly wait to see what you do with this gorgeous stage... wow! Roxanne
Good for you! Giving yourself the gift of your own creativity! And WHAT a gift! So thrilled you are doing something just for you.
wow!! and Bravo!!
This looks amazing!!
oh my gaw,that is gorgeous. Are you sure it's not done??
I love the idea of the project runway stage. but you have to do shadows behind a screen for that, because they always do goofy stuff with their shadows.
The stage alone looks wonderful, can't wait to see the performers!
oh, so your'e human after all?
I knew it.
UFO's haunt me too.
I know which issue you're talking about and I loved what "M" did with her stage....by the way, are you still stalking her??? Give her a tap on the shoulder and tell her to get those new stamps released...the wait is killing me!
Love your stage too. ;-)
Also loved Joan Rivers comment about using such young models that next they'd be "chucking foetuses down the runway". Suitably sick.
Chris - I am so proud of you. I know it was quite a while ago that you wrote me for the first time...and it was about wanting to make a theatre. And now look at you! You've done it! Looks fabulous, and I'm so pleased to hear you've had fun and that you are working without deadline. It's a great discipline to join swaps, etc. but after a time you can burn out, don't you think? It's way more satisfying to create without the calendar kicking your butt. BRAVO!!!!
p.s. tell Kelsey it won't be long now :)
Spectacular...That base blows me away! Stunning! :)
This is spectacular. Really unique. Can you create a miniature Chris to go on the stage and do some stand up???
Post a Comment