
I have so much fun with spray paints, I decided to use a stencil of a haunted house. LOVE haunted houses. I had some glow-in-the-dark stickers, so I included the little ghosties on the front.

The backs were going to say Wish You Were Here, but I decided a big embossed BOO would have more impact. I don't use stickers much on my work these days, but I loved the round glittery ones from Martha Stewart, so one of those served as the 'stamp' on each card.
It was a fairly fast project, and it really helped to get me out of my recent creative funk. Today Michelle Ward reminded me of the Halloween theatre model I've been planning for two years, now. I was so inspired by her theatre model from the Oct. 2007 issue of Somerset Studio, and went a little gaga, getting foamcore, imagery, design elements, and supplies for building my own theatre. I make myself promises, and then I let myself get distracted!! But doesn't it sound like a cool way to celebrate my favorite holiday?
I'm currently in the middle of three painted canvases, so I'll share those as I finish them. I am loving painting, and I'm loving creating my own images and making toner copies for transfers or for stencils.
It's interesting, how we often accept, whole-cloth, the images we find outside, rather than to create our own images. As you know, I've gotten into doodling recently, and I am fashioning up some doodles to use as transfers and backgrounds. Now that summer, with its attendant travels, sports, and birthdays, is ending, I am really looking forward to the holiday nesting activities of chaotic craft tables and trays of baked goods.
Hey.
maybe I'll open that little shop I subscribed to a year ago...?
Oh, no. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, again.
Next up: Chris discovers her living room sofa isn't large enough to fit the scale of her theatre model, and has to start all over again.
7 comments:
Cute postcards, Chris! Spray paint seems to be perfect for halloween.
I love what you're doing, even though -- dare I say it out loud -- Halloween is last on my favorite holidays list. It just is.
There is something about dressing your kids like devils and witches and sending them out to beg for candy that just doesn't appeal to me.
I like the pumpkin part of it though.
Oh, and candy corn. I like the candy corn.
Love your boos!!!!
great spooky cards...would love to see what you do with the theatre idea!
Oh sweetie how could you ruin my surprise? I'm sure you plan on gifting me with you Halloween theatre at our October dinner....right?
Anonymous K
Love them! So I am assuming I am NOT one of the recipients! Too bad! BOO HOO!
looks like you had fun, fun with your stencils and glitter paint -- i love halloween, and your cards are so festive!
class is going very well -- thanks for asking:)
Post a Comment