
AHA!!
YOU thought it couldn't be done! But I did it!
I got pictures of one of my altered tins, and now I can post them! The top is covered with a napkin, some embossed Fa La La's, and the inside is a winter scene with a packing tape image transfer, some cotton, decorative paper, and a sticker. Inside the lid (not pictured) was a small greeting card that can be opened to prop up the lid. The card's got some doohickies on it and signed with good wishes.
They were all different, and there were eleven of them. I was going to make one for everyone, but the doctor told me I had metal shards in my cornea and lead in my lung tissue, and that I had an sudden, strange, magnetic attraction for paper clips and staples. And I thought all the stuff I had to pick off my clothes all the time just meant that I had gotten too busy for my usual neatness.
In the abject boredom facing me after this altered tin project, I dived into an altered birdhouse project. We had procrastinated and hadn't decorated the house for the holidays. So, I altered a birdhouse, thinking it might perk up the home. Here are pictures.


I was lucky enough to have some old greeting cards from the 40's, and I used this image of birds and holly berries, and of a street lamp with sign. The perching birds are polymer clay (made all by myself).
I was so thrilled by the fact that I'd gotten away with this alteration, I decided to alter another one.

This is Hummingbird Haven, using a sunflower napkin, a polymer clay hummingbird (crafted by moi), some paint and glaze, hanging embellishments, rub-ons, and puffy letter stickers.


I love the colors of this napkin, and it took a while to get the golden yellow color I wanted to paint the roof. It's hard to see the true color of the yellow with these exposures, but I liked how spring-y it looked in the midst of winter.
I felt I should post some current work, to prove I wasn't sitting around watching Martha Stewart and eating pie.
Well, that's not all I was doing.
Now it's Miller time.
7 comments:
Gorgeous tin! I love the winter scene inside. And the Xmas-y birdhouse is really neato. The birds are really nice looking, I though you must have bought them, that they were ceramic or something. I want one.
Love the hummingbird house! It's sew beautifull, and would really fit in up here with all the hummingbirds that flit around the yard. And, it would keep me occupied watching the new occupants making their new house a home...
Lilly the Cat
Whoever received that lovely tin must be a cherished friend!
I'm all for Miller Time!
Cool to see that latest projects cluttering your work table. Shards in your cornea? Time to start wearing safety goggles.....buy a carton. All residents in your glitter palace should be wearing them. Then you need a carwash style blower to dust you off every time you leave the house so as not to bring ocular tragedy to those at your workplace, etc. Love that image inside the first tin. Swoony.
or watch martha while you drink miller ....
she made gingerbread houses today ..... sorta ... they were more like townhouses ....
Beautiful work and thanks very much for the reminder that we should not take our personal safety for granted when making art.
Happy happy!
just saw the Christmas tin card you sent us. It's beautiful! Thank you so much for adding to the holiday spirit. Now, I must go enjoy another kind of spirit...
Bottoms up!
Post a Comment