February 28, 2010

Arboretum Lite


After the heavy rain storm of yesterday, this morning opened so bright and clear, I had to go to the L.A. Arboretum.


The plants haven't burst open quite like they will in a few more weeks, but there is so much there already that I really wanted to share it with you.


It was so peaceful and crisp there. It was like a rice cake with actual flavor.


No, that's not it. It was like a California Pizza Kitchen crispy spinach pizza with easy dressing.


No. It was a Yardhouse Ahi Poke Stack, with snappy edamame beans.


Okay. It was actually like going to the Arboretum on a bright spring day that was unlike any other day in history.




Next Up: The Olive Garden refuses to serve Chris sauteed daffodils on a bed of hibiscus blossoms.


13 comments:

Janet said...

Wow! Gorgeous photos! I think spring is almost here, too. We have blossoms on our almond trees.

Carrie said...

How fun, I just looked at this page like five minutes ago and now it's all new! I love your photos, they're wonderful, just what I needed to perk me up on a slushy Minnesota March day. I want to climb that tree. And I think your description of "a rice cake with actual flavor" is brilliant and quite apt. The beginning of spring, crispy like a rice cake, with color that is delicious after a drab winter.

Lost Aussie said...

Looks infinitely better than our dreary mess of melting snow! Love the bird's reflection in the pond!

TBM said...

Ohh your Spring is so beautiful! We're still in the 40s here... can't wait until things start to bloom.

Priti Lisa said...

Beautiful photos Chris!
I really enjoyed your tutorial on the eggs...how pretty are they?
xox, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Okay, NOW it feels like spring. Thanks!

pam said...

Look at you! Great shot of the heron!

I have always loved visiting arboretums and public gardens. Maybe one of these days I will get to share ours up here with you!

If you can squeeze it in, Chris, go out to Antelope Valley in April - with all the rain you guys have had - the desert floor should be carpeted with poppies!

Teri said...

OMG!! gorgeous gorgeous blooms!!! Love the egret also.

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

oh and i forgot to say, how funny you are in that last post! hahahaha

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

oooh...so so loverly..thank you for those great pics! and thank you about the card with the face...i did delete it. silly me, i just kept thinking i hated her and then suddenly one day again, i loved her...so fickle i am!

Leslie said...

Oh boy. Spring is still buried under 18 inches of snow here. We are so far from anything that looks like what you saw at the arboretum.

Sigh.

Anonymous said...

oh...
beautiful

not many signs of spring here...a little finch visited quickly yesterday but I fear is already off to find someplace prettier...maybe you'll see her!

x..x

rebecca said...

thank you for filling my gray cold morning with the promise of beauty.