If you haven't checked out the collaborative site Make and Meaning, give it a try. I'm finding the subjects interesting, thought-provoking and inspirational.
Although I've been reading it for some time now, I just read a post I'd printed out from three months ago. I really am intrigued to find out what you think about the subject. The writer of this post titled it The Hidden Cost of Your Craft Books. Not only is it interesting, but so are the many comments it received.
Next up: Journal photos!
10 comments:
Very interesting site and lots of thought provoking material there! thanks for sharing!
Chris, thank you for this link...I've never heard of it, but this post is posing questions that I have been thinking about...very interetsting.
Make and Meaning is absolutely the BEST! Bravo you pointing your readers in it's direction. A wealth of valuable, insightful and much needed content and discussion.
I hadn't been back to this post since Diane wrote it - wow1 Look at all the discussion it generated. Awesome.
great link to discussion about craft books. I also found that being published in a nice magazine was indeed a 'rush' but I did not enjoy the fact that it took a year to get my artwork back from the publisher...a lot of time & effort in the work for little return.
Chris, thanks for sharing these links. I am definitely adding Make and Meaning to my daily read.
Can't wait to see your journal photos!
WoW...interesting : ) I wanna see those journal pages next : )
Ah yes, the hidden costs of those craft books. The broken homes, the company money embezzled to pay for feathers and glue and glitter; the nights spent sneaking around trying to get just one more poot out of that Bedazzler. It's about time someone brought this terrible problem to light. Families across America are crumbling under the onslaught of this plague!
HA! Steve, it's clear that you didn't actually READ the referenced post or its comments, but I appreciate that a lack of glitter can stress a person out!
Of course I read it, but I didn't want to be pushy about saying that I'm even now accepting submissions for THE BIG BOOK OF MACARONI 'N GLITTER. Or USING CUT-UP FLEA COLLARS AS PIPING ON SWEATERS KNITTED FROM PET HAIR. I mean, I got all these projects going, now all I need is suckers, er, CONTRIBUTORS to furnish the content.
Thanks for the link Chris. That is very interesting and something to think about.
The comments over here are also pretty interesting.
Post a Comment