March 20, 2010

A Walk Before Painting

I so enjoyed seeing Paul's pictures of what he passes all the time, I thought I'd take my camera with me this morning when Scout took me for my walk.





It was a lovely walk!

And, here's a canvas I painted today. It's got a background of paper napkin leaves, with a painted scenery and then some glaze on top, just like a cupcake or a flan.

UPDATE: I'm making changes to this painting because the tree in the background looks horrifyingly like a blackened cross, and that's definitely not what I was going for! I'm learning one probably should wait a day to look at a painting again before glazing.

Thanks for your warm and supportive comments about the pictures on my previous post!

Next Up: Chris decides the painting is much improved by adding a smattering UFOs and, maybe, Bigfoot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the napkin thing. Did you use new or used napkins. Were they dinner or sanitary?

Nette said...

I like this a lot, especially the contrast in textures and the way the tree is holding the swing like a lady with a purse. Birthday coming up in five months

Anonymous said...

If you're looking for additions to improve a painting, always consider a buxom naked lady. Once a picture contains a buxom naked lady, ideally reclining on a chaise, it crosses the line into Real Genuine Art. You know, like the museums buy.

Chris said...

I admit, Steve, that I never considered this kind of addition. But your point is well taken. Perhaps on the swing?

TBM said...

You live in a beautiful city! Love your springtime pics.

Your canvas is fabulous! I really liked the architecture and tree in your journal. What fun to see them combined here!