Not only that, but I got permission to buy some art supplies, so that's always nice. I got a new brush! Do you know what that means?!? It means I have a brand new brush!! The possibilities are endless!
And I'm still working away on my journal and my painting. Tonight is one of our rotating dinner parties. It's not our turn to host, so I have made some favors to take over with me. You may remember the placecards I took one time, and the magnets in matchbooks, and some other doodads at other times. I don't know. I think there were tiles one time. In any case, these little party favors tend to reflect whatever genre of creativity I'm working on at the moment.
Because I'm doing so much painting right now, I decided to make a little canvas for each couple. Luckily, I had three little canvases. I never have three little canvases! It was almost foretold that I would make these and then once again not have three little canvases! Isn't life amazing?!
(she blabbed)

Here they are. I wanted to do something Spring-y. I was going to make Easter egg-type images, but I decided that would be too topical. So, I just went with colors and shapes and doodles.
I liked doing these so much that I made one on canvas board for me to keep. So, there.
And, as promised, here is a picture of the hot-air balloon page in my journal.
So. I haven't done a damn thing else. I haven't kept up with my blog reading, I haven't posted anything for a week, and I haven't read The Annotated Alice, which is that I wanted to run home and do as soon as I saw this.I wish I'd quit slacking around!
Next up: Chris finds being in a hammock quite preferable to getting out of a hammock.
7 comments:
My my my...I love the little canvas pieces. They are so simple but nice. I never can get colors right. I guess that is what I like the combinations. Your canvas is good. I love the Hot Air Balloon page. We get them flying out this way to land in the fields.Nice
Fabulous favours! Im sure your hosts were delighted. The hammock thing sounds good!
I love these Chris--what fabulous party favours! Love how you worked the easter-y colours with the geometric shapes.
And I got some new brushes recently too--Daler-Rowney synthetic brushes for acrylic. They have made such a difference :-)
Those little canvasses are gorgeous - and I love the springy colours. x
I think I have the favors from at least two past parties in my bookmarks! These are so great! Love the geometric s in the spring colors.
No wonder you were invited to be a part of this group!
These are so bright and fun. What nice gifts!!
The paintings are bright spring like Easter egg inspired...they will be a huge hit.
I HAVE to go see Alice again...Love LOve LOVED it!!
happy Easter weekend to you!
x..x
Post a Comment