While I was out, visiting Zinnia in Pasadena and looking at all their pretty things, I noticed some wonderful spring weather, lots of people out and about, enjoying a peaceful Sunday, having good times with friends, and walking children in strollers in the sun. And after witnessing several instances of people pushing their children in baby-strollers in the sun, I thought,
'Why are people wearing sunglasses and hats to guard them from the bright sun pushing babies who have on no hats or sunglasses?'
Generally, I try to reason these curiosities in my mind, but I haven't figured it out on my own, yet. Unless it's got something to do with the fact that quite a lot of adult humans consider pets and children immune to weather. That could be it. Maybe I haven't read the research on this. Maybe pets and children really ARE immune to weather, and aren't uncomfortable facing relentlessly bright, glaring sunshine, or going many hours without water or shelter. It's entirely possible that I am being naive about the whole thing.
Speaking of nature's mysteries, check out these wonderful Maui travel pictures:


10 comments:
As an aunt and a godmother and thus the poor sap who always ended up guarding the stroller while mom tries on clothes or has to pee, I can tell you that any hat or sunglasses you put on a baby will be flung out of the stroller, again and again and again and again and again. "Fine, GET glaucoma and a sunburn ya little dumbass," I'd tell them after the 15th time. "You'll be really popular in 10th grade going to prom with your GUIDE DOG."
BEAUTIFUL pic, i feel like i'm there...sigh.
and your painting down below is fantastically funky cool, i love your style...it's your own and very groovy!!!!
fantastic photos! very good point about hats for babies. no luck with sunglasses (as Aunt Nette pointed out!) but a hat and sunscreen, even in the shade, are required for my 6 mo. old granddaughter. I just have to catch up to the 4 yr old grandson and have someone hold him down while we apply sunscreen...!
*grin* The comments from mothers and auntie's are funny and TRUE, too. And those photos of Maui...siiiiigh...
I'm totally smitten by those pictures. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
-House movers Melbourne
hahahah reading Aunt Nette's comment...
the boat in the littl lagoon....mmmmm
Grrrrrrrreat shot of the Octopus! Lucky you! They are usually hiding.
Is this all we get? Aren't there more? Share please!
Those pictures are magnificent.
That octopus is amazing!
Well, the hound gets his own raincoat and jumper...just have to work on the sunglasses...
Post a Comment