November 27, 2007

New Time For Sergeants

Hi.

I have no sergeant pictures to show you. I don't even have any stories of sergeants. I know a sergeant, but if I told you stories about her and her guns, I'd be in big, big, BIG trouble. But of course, she's more than her guns. Yes. I'm sure she is.

My point is, I just liked the title. New Time For Sergeants. Get it? That old movie with Andy Griffith?

hahahAHAAA!! Clever pun!

But why did I call?

Oh, yeah. I have New Work to show! Yes! It's happened!! I finished some stuff!

So, here they are. Don't all push and shove, there's plenty of room for everyone to see.















THESE pretty little ladies are three ATCs for the November ATC swap. Just a modest application of holiday napkin, silver and red glitter, and tattoo dots.
















And these babies are six lovely rolodex cards for the Victorian Christmas swap in my art group. If they appear blurry in places, that's because I framed the pictures with cotton, and that's how it photographed.

So, there you have it. I always mean to make one extra of everything I do, and then, in the midst of the process, my fingers get glued together and I get woozy from fumes and the dog starts to dry heave trying to get the shards of glitter out of her throat. In short, it's just so much fun I forget to make extra.


Next up: Chris buys a wind machine.

6 comments:

Emily Tellez said...

What's an ATC? I want one. I thought they were Christmas cards!!! I'm envious. Love you!

Chris said...

An ATC: Artist Trading Card! They are the size of trading cards (3 1/2 by 2 1/2), and you don't sell them! You swap them with other ATC artists! And you get little sleeves for them and you put pages in your ringed binder and you look at all your ATCs in all their pages, and marvel at the art others have created and you become inspired by the sheer beauty of the universe.

If you can get your gluey fingers off the pages, you then go and make more of your own. Otherwise, you just walk around with a ringed binder clanking against everything you pass.

Try it! We can swap!

Love you, too!

Carrie said...

Hey Emmy,
I'm Chris' pal and I have written an article about ATC's if you'd like to read it, it's at this link:
http://www.mplsobserver.com/node/501

Carrie said...

Chris,
I am stoopid, I don't know what movie title you are mocking. Please explain, because I love mocking movie titles, here are some of my faves: Single White Bridget; Crouching Marmot, Hidden Piglet; Star Trek Nemesuck.

Carrie said...

I love the rolodex cards, vewy nice, esp. the cotton snow.

Chris said...

Carrie! The movie is No Time For Sergeants, and it's late 50's I think, and it's really fun. I liked it.

Now I'm off to read your article!