November 20, 2007

No Time For Blather.


It has been so long since I've blogged that I forgot my sign-in information. I had to go to the back of the line, fill out the form in triplicate, and be thumbprinted. And of course, they had me take off my shoes, but then everyone asked if I would please put them back on.

Anyway, I always feel that I have to post photos of my artwork in order to blab here, but I don't have anything to post. And I thought, what's the problem? I can do what I want! If I'm going to pay no money to do this, I'm going to get what's coming to me!


I've seen about half of this movie:


The reason I've seen half (in just two installments!) is because I have to do everything in small increments these days. I can't seem to find the time to finish much. I DID complete a couple of pages for a Mona Lisa book for someone in my art group, but then I didn't have time to take a picture of it. I'll do that later. Because it's brilliant, as usual, and I wouldn't want you to miss out.

This movie is amazing. It's a visual feast. Don't think you've seen it all, because you haven't seen anything. I recommend you watch it just to marvel. I haven't gotten to the end, yet, so I might have to throw it across the room, but that's just because I'm kind of particular about endings. But you probably won't have to do that, because I can tell you don't really care how things end, as long as there's something in it for you.

What was I talking about?

Oh, yeah. So, the other night, all by myself, in the dark... I watched The Hills Have Eyes on fast-forward with the sound off.
It's a good thing I did, because if I'd watched it the usual way I would have lost my mind. Even with everything silent and speeded-up, I was so jittery when I finished watching it that I just knew I couldn't get to sleep. And even if I did take two seconals and pass out, I'd have the worst nightmares. So, I just lay there, thinking about tissue and bones. I tried to think of a pink elephant, but that didn't even help.

Then I remembered that I had another DVD, The Holiday. Now, normally, I wouldn't rent The Holiday, because Cameron Diaz is kryptonite to my species. And I'm already Endangered. However, I thought that I'd ordered The Last Holiday, starring Queen Latifah. Who, as you know, can come over to my house any time to borrow some sugar. So I opened up The Holiday and put it into the DVD player, and found out it was the one with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet. You know, the Kate with the mole. But the music was so peppy, and the screen was so bright and cheery, with not even a hint of blood. mutants, or poor dental hygiene, that I decided to start playing it in the hope that it would ease my ragged nerves enough to get me to sleep.

And it was actually quite good! Not good enough to keep me awake, but good enough to make me believe in the irrational again. So I nodded off and had no bad dreams whatsoever!

Right now I'm working on, among other things, the Martha Stewart original M is for Matchbox Advent Calendars for my nephews. I posted a link to the project in an earlier blog, back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. But I'll put another picture of it here.



When the boys' mother saw me working on them, she said, but...


(pout pout)


...where's MINE?!


So irritating.

Anyway, so I sent my elf out to get more matchboxes, and I'll be making one more of those things. I'll let you know how it goes. It's so cute, don't you think? I'm going to change it up a bit, and instead of putting ribbon pulls on the drawers, I'm going to cut the matches down and stick the heads on as knobs. And you know why?

Because I don't have anything else to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But where's mine????

You know who.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to help you with your project, and so I started smoking. Funny thing is, I didn't need any matches...

Bottoms up!