I got the most fantastic, marvelous box of goodies today in the mail! I was so excited to open it that I neglected to take a pic of the box, the tissue, the untouched purity of it all, until I was in the midst of the wild, exuberant joy of unwrapping a boxful of fresh, new holiday gifties!
However, I came to my senses and realized that it would be a gross misjustice to deny others the gorgeosity of my moment. So here, out of the goodness of my heart, is evidence of postal bounty!
Here's an overview of most of the treasure.


LOOK at these quilted coasters made with wonderful Laurel Burch fabric! Carrie knows she's a fabric fanatic, and, my not being a sewer, I get to reap the benefits of her addiction. yum!
See that fabric puffy heart? Just in time for V-Day? Sure, there's the ho-ho-ho, but look at the back!
This is an all-occasion smushy!! And those are the backs of the coasters. All different fabrics, yes. I'm sure this just scratches the top surface of the stash Carrie's hording at home. And well she should. It's so pretty. I love it.
See that box? With the compartments? Here's what was in the compartments...
A personalized shot glass with my name emblazoned on it, because there's no one who likes her silver bullets (frozen shotglass, 2/3 full of peppermint schnapps from freezer, then 1/3 vodka from freezer, shoot to thrill) as much as I do! There's also a bundle of colorful pencils, including a candy-cane variety. I don't remember telling Carrie I prefer wooden pencils to the icky mechanical kinds, but then, she has a keen sense of what's important.
Note: The candy-cane is actually a pen! (And my favorite is the Frankenstein pencil.)
See the buttons? Remember my post about my button collection? She knows I love me some buttons, and I love these. The Hello Kitty frame? It's got her little Lily's picture right inside. Carrie even included some of the chocolate she knows I must have to live. She extols me to share a coin or two. HA! We'll see about that...
She even sent a little giftie in honor of Scout. And, being an unwrapper by trade, Scout was happy to help with the unveiling.
Behold! A little alterable tin, with a soft puppy magnet inside!! YAY!
I'm telling you, this package was not only a needed lift at the end of my work day, it was a work of art in its presentation. Carrie always makes handsome, pretty, gorgeous things, like this great felt book to carry my sewing needles (when I sew by hand), this pretty mailbox to keep it in, and the ATC holder she made from one of those single-serving cereal boxes. I now save those little boxes when I go to the breakfast buffet at the Bellagio. Because one can't have too many Alterior Motives ATC books.
Isn't it great when a friend knows exactly what you want?
Next Up: The scale replica of Monticello made by Carrie from toothpicks and food coloring arrives a bit late to Chris's mailbox, but is nonetheless Perfect.
11 comments:
WOW What a great assortment of treats!! I'm sure you're feeling better now! ;)
Beautiful stuff, I'm envious for the cool coasters - love that fabric! And some Hello Kitty, just what you needed! ;-)
hey chris, just popping over to say hi... your package is making me smile! i can just imagine your pure delight at pouring over all of this... xo
OOO, my mom will be jealous of those coasters - she loves Laurel Burch!
nope, can't be jealous when it is quite obvious that you were over the moon thrilled with the goodie goodness you received! besdies, since it didn't land at my doorstep, I am thrilled it made it to yours. :)
It's alla bout feeling like a kid again, isnt it? The unwrapping, the surprise, the color and texture... the mystery!
Looks like you have a wonderful friend..
Oh my. You must love your mailman. Send him by, would you?
Nice stuff you lucky girl!
good luck with the Monticello..ha ha!! what a great surprise and how kind..I love those fabric coasters ideal for your cocktails!! Thanks for your comments on my blog..I have been caught up in the OWOH frenzy so am slowly catching up replying to my blog comments..have a good night
What a haul! Awesome.
and a wonderful bounty it is!
Thanks again for your kind words and support regarding my son -- they mean a lot!
Score!! Quelle treasures.
But the reason I'm here is that I can't find an e-mail addy for you and I want to tell you I'm excited to meet you in Arizona - YAAYY. xo
Post a Comment