August 7, 2009

Documents from a Swap

Several weeks before going on our trip, my friend Pam and I agreed to swap an ATC. I was tickled to hear she wanted to do this, because I know she's a marvelous artist and photographer.

I had a couple of ATCs that I'd picked out for her already, from a previous project, but I wanted to make a doodled card for Pam before sending them out. So after Sedona, I did some doodling, and shipped them out. Here are the fronts and backs.



I decided to send three instead of one, because while I was on vacation, Pam informed me that I had won a giveaway she had held on her blog. YAY! So, I knew that in addition to the card, she'd be sending my ornament. I think that calls for a couple of extra ATCs, doesn't it?

Today I got Pam's package! It was huge! I opened it and found this:



How promising! I scooped out some of the peanuts, and saw this gorgeous ribbon with one of Pam's beautiful punched-tin butterflies, wrapped around a pretty silver package.


This is my giveaway gift, a vintage Christmas ornament from over 30 seasons of celebration. I love it.


As I had reached in to pull the box out, I saw two big envelopes.

Instructions! I had to open the envelopes in order. Oh, how fun. It's like a little treasure hunt!

So I opened the first envelope and this card was inside. I recognized the photograph right away. (You can see more of Pam's photos on her blog, where she documents some great trips.) And in the card was a little package with nine (9) ATCs inside!


And each of them is so pretty, with delicate pastels and line drawings of flowers, which is one of my favorite motifs. I use flowers a lot in my collaging, and I don't think Pam knew this. Even the doodled ATC I made for her was a floral design.


The last envelope held this card, which looks like a fun use of the scraps from her making of the ATCs. How cool! More of that pretty painting, and the message inside informed me that the ATCs comprise a little puzzle.


I took the cards to the table, and arranged them into this full picture:

Awesome cool!


Thank you so much, Pam, for your generous gifts and a fun present-opening experience!

I am a lucky girl, with great friends. And not just because they send me such pretty things!

8 comments:

pam said...

I definitely did not make that ATC puzzle hard enough! I was really hoping you would come begging for the "key". I thought I could compensate for my lack of drawing skills by creating a little challenge for you! Well - now that I know how clever you are the next one WILL be very challenging!

My ATC's you sent me are just beautiful, Chris. And your pictures don't begin to do them
justice. They are actually three dimensional. And I love the iridescent doodle! It is shocking how little I know about the goodies out there for making art. I will treasure these always, and will be making punched tin frames so I can hang them with Teri's beautiful ATC's.

Thank you for your beautiful gifts and your friendship.

notmassproduced said...

that's ace - clever pam :o)

Teri said...

Oh WOW, it was like Christmas!! Each one is just beautiful!! Isn't Pam the greatest!

3rdEyeMuse said...

talk about a generous heart - what a lovely package! ... you are sooooo worthy. :)

Lorraine said...

what a great surprise.lovely ornament and beautiful puzzle painting..lucky you

Renee said...

Chris that is totally awesome. Nice score.

Chris you are so right about being honest. I live it.

Love Renee xoxo

TBM said...

Oh, what a fun package!

And I love your doodle card, Chris. I think you're onto something there!

Seth said...

What a generous trade. Both of you did really well!