I am so looking forward to next weekend, when I can play in it. Beyond the journal we agreed to swap, Marie sent to me an extra journal cover, to use in making another journal! Is this not fabulous? The craftsmanship and beauty of these covers absolutely invite you to journal, don't they? And the texture is yummy. I don't know how she made the covers, but that mystery is just part of its charm.
Here are the photos of Marie's journal:

Such a variety of pages to use--magazine, phone book pages, graph paper,vintage dictionary pages, vellum, tissue...it's luscious!
It's such a pleasure to have something so well-made and beautiful. Many thanks go out to Marie, for my new journal! She's so gifted.







14 comments:
Luckyyyyyy : ) Nice Journals. I just bound one of my fist journals and loved it!
This, too, is wonderful! You gals are so talented. LOVE the bonus cover. And the stitching. :-)
Wow! That is incredible. Marie's creations are fantastic. And I saw what you sent to her on her blog. Also amazing!!
Nothing beats a new journal - unless it's being halfway through with it - being able to look back at what you've done, but still have a bunch more to fill. Enjoy!
Erin in Morro Bay
Wow, these are just great and oh so beautiful!
The bonus journalcover is SO yummy, makes me wanna craft actually, maybe weave something? hehe. Great work, both yours and hers!
that's a super cool journal. I have been pondering how to come up with one. Super inspirational!
wow, that is *nice* chris! have fun filling it up!! xo
Marie is a very talented friend to have! Your new journal is just beautiful, Chris. Lucky girl! Love the cover, love the pages, love it all!
Now where in the house are you keeping this journal? You might
need to do a cavity search to make sure it doesn't come home with me.
This thing is too fabulous to touch. It needs to be displayed.
Anonymous K
Fabulous woven pages...I love the sewing and all the variety of page.
AND how I wish that little lemons could grow on trees here :)
x..x
Beautiful!
Lovely Journal Chris!
Glad you so pleased with the mailed goodness! I had such fun creating these pieces for you and am blown away by the woven wonder that I received in return!
Here's to fabulous swapping!
xoxoxo
M
ah you have taste,
looks very delicious..
Post a Comment