August 25, 2009

One Project Revealed

Hey, there! It's me!

...the once a week blogger!!

I promised to show one of the projects I've been working on when it reached its recipient and it's been received by lovely Marie. This project was SO enjoyable, but it was also a challenge, which, I guess is one of the reasons it was so enjoyable (duh).

As you may know, I haven't made many journals. I think I'd made exactly two before this. And Marie and I were talking about what kind of project we'd like to work on for a swap, and found that we both love journals.

LUV!

And... we both love working with magazine pages.

So, we agreed to swap magazine-page journals. No other rules. Just, a 'woven-magazine-page journal'. And, as you might suspect, with no other rules, the journals were likely to be different!

I have received Marie's, also! And it IS different from mine, and so gorgeous! AND... she sent me bonus goodies! But with my crazy schedule, I haven't had a chance to download the photos I've taken of her journal into my photo program. So, I will show Marie's journal after I get home from a game tonight, right here on this blog. Yes! I won't even wait a whole week to do so! Because, and you know I wouldn't kid you, Marie's journal is incredibly beautiful! And it deserves its own post and its own presentation!

Anyway, here are pictures of the one I made.







I'm hoping these glossy pages with all their little holes, will give Marie a nice surface for that magic she does. Because the journal's pretty bulky, I wanted to create sections that could be lifted out for her to work in, and then placed back in the binding. There are a lot of things I'd improve upon, but I wanted to get this out to her, since it was my second version, and time was passing... It's got some weird construction issues, but all in all, it's DONE.


And I have learned a lot already, just from looking at the great journal she sent to me.
So stay tuned for Marie!

5 comments:

TBM said...

Chris, this is fabulous! What a great idea and so well executed :-) I've wanted to try making journals. This looks very complicated, though...

Seth said...

This is One Big Wow!

Leau said...

Yay~ your back!! And with duct tape!! and fabu art!! your a lucky girl!! smooches!!

Leau said...

Okay, in my excitement to see something posted, I used your instead of you're and we can't have that can we? Don't want to scare Chris off...

Lady P said...

that is so cool!