February 19, 2010

Eggzactly!


Tomorrow, I'm going over to my dentist's house for a crafting tutorial.

UPDATE: I went! I found out that it isn't a Romanian egg, it's a Ukrainian egg, however, there are eggs that are made in Romania and Poland and Lithuania, as well!

It was fabulous! Above is my first Ukrainian egg! (more photos later)


Here's what happened. She was drilling into the most sensitive part of my mouth one day and I burbled something about her exacting attention to detail. And she said, "Yeah, I like to make things, and I guess I'm just very detail oriented." By that time, of course, I couldn't respond, except to nod and grasp the armrests.

Then she piped up with, "I like to paint Romanian Easter eggs." Well, if she hadn't strapped me in, I would have fallen right out of the chair. I guess my excitement was evident, because she looked at me and said, "Oh! Would you like to make some? I teach it, you know!"

This is when I really started to get irritated.

A few weeks later, the woman who works at her front desk called me and asked me if I want to go over to the dentist's house for a lesson, before Easter. Isn't that sweet? So now I'm going to learn how to make Romanian painted eggs. You can learn more about them here.

5 comments:

Lost Aussie said...

These look fabulous - way more interesting than drilling teeth, I just hope the co-pay is not too high for the lesson!

Anonymous said...

HA!
If someone had her fist in my mouth, I'd do anything she said too.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could get your teeth enameled like those eggs! Think of your bejeweled smile! Hey, people do that kind of thing all the time .

Unknown said...

Hey Chris, Love all those post cards : ) Funny about your dentist, I taught a class our dentist took : )

Have a great time!

Priti Lisa said...

What a great new hobbie...
I had to LOL at Steve's comment :))
xox