
I recently visited Descanso Gardens, hoping the lovely spring blooms will take me through the hot California summer to come. And I was not disappointed! There was color everywhere. Scents abounded. And birds were talking to us constantly. Possibly telling us to back OFF, because they have things to do. The bees were buzzing as well, and try as I might to capture them in action, I wasn't successful. But there was a bee around every corner and curve. I LOVE their determination and productivity.
I've also run screaming from them many times in my life.
In honor of Spring, and of the upcoming Easter celebrations for many of us, I am posting some of the best of what I was fortunate to see. Try to imagine the scents, the birdsong, the beebuzz, and make sure to enlarge each photo for detail.














7 comments:
What a beautiful day and gorgeous flowers and photos.
Maybe this year won't be as hot over the summer.
I hope so.
Have a great weekend and Hoppy Easter to you!
Great pictures. We haven't gone to Descanso in a long time but now
I'm feeling the urge.
Anonymous K
What an eye you have! Those are drop-dead-gorgeous photos. AND they spare me the inconvenience of going outdoors. It's win-win!
wow - things are blooming where u are!
damn girl how's you get those trees in picture #7 to act like a bunny? I was just scrolling down, minding my own business and there it was...bunny shaped opening in the trees...too much chocolate you say...Easter bunny hangover? No just very good eyes from all the carrots I had to eat to get into the bunny spirit this year! Happy Vernal Holiday - that PC talk for Easter down here! smooches
What great pictures Chris!
I love, love, love the pic with the glowing tree. Happy spring!!
Post a Comment