April 15, 2010

What I've Been Painting

Since my post about journaling and painting, I have been working on several little canvases just for the fun of it. I thought I'd show them to you. (So let that be fair warning.)

I pretty much hate this first one:


I didn't paint it first, I just wanted to get it out of the way. It's only here in honor of full disclosure. Here are more, and I think they're better.







This next one looks perfect for a fabric pattern. I've done some playing with it on Spoonflower. It might work out. Haven't ordered it, yet. This one is the same as the bubble one below it, but it isn't going to have any doodling on it.





This last one is my favorite. It's bigger than the others. I got the idea from on of my journal pages.

I'm almost done with another big one, and I'm in the middle of a representational painting of flowers. (Not flowers from outer space, this time.)


Next up: Chris's nephew Logan wants his art class homework back.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

These are awesome Chris. Yes, indeed. Fabric. Then will a sewing machine be involved?

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

these are sooo cool chris...are they all paint? any fabric?
thanks for your visit with the birds. i just have a regular digital camera and can't get any closer darn it. :}

Dianne said...

very nice! I love your sense of color...the bubbles and circles are lots of fun...maybe the triangles need a circle or two? glad you shared these with us!

TBM said...

Yes! These are fantastic!!!

Unknown said...

I like them all! The first one reminds me of math...lol

Priti Lisa said...

The last one is my favorite, too...
I've been in love with orange and lime green lately
xox

Lost Aussie said...

Awesome post full of visual goodness! I love the way you use colour - so vibrant and full of life!

pam said...

At first, i was going to agree with you - the last one being my favorite! But just to make sure, i scrolled back through all of the canvasses - and ya know, I don't think I could actually pick a favorite! Each and every one is unique and delightful.

The last one IS quite different in design and feel = almost like looking at a quilt. And very appealing.

But i love them all - even numero uno!