October 22, 2007

Stu Stu Studio


I'm watching a program that I deeved (as opposed to TiVo'ed) on my DVR, called 25 Biggest Decorating Mistakes.

They're on 21 so far, and I've made all of four of the mistakes they've mentioned. I'm afraid to keep watching. I keep expecting them to show a room like my studio, above. I already have the toilet rug, the uncomfortable dining room chairs, the exposed electrical cords, the mismatched furniture, the too many photos. Any second now, they're going to say, don't have your clear plastic containers exposed to view, stacked haphazardly on top of a table that's supposed to be cleaned off, next to an unframed painting and a full-sized bed the 9-pound chihuahua has all to herself. And by all means, don't have loose pages stacked up and forget where your watercolor is. And if you're going to buy art from other people and take credit for it yourself, by all means, cover the signatures!

Speaking of my precious angel, here's Scout on her bed.



This picture, thankfully, doesn't show her heating pad under the pillowcase, with the exposed electric cord running down the side of the bed.


Laugh if you must, but that heating pad-with-cord set-up was in the dog rescue contract we had to sign.


Next up: Chris revamps her creative space !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think we should all come with heating pad contracts.

i can't even imagine how many decorating mistakes i have made. if you bribe me i'll tell you all kinds of litter box tales...that should get me on one of those reality shows of household horrors.

Emily Tellez said...

Art is subjective. It's self-expression. It's an extension of YOU. Why isn't decorating? In my humble opinion there's only 1 mistake in decorating: watching 25 Biggest Decorating Mistakes! What if a toilet rug is exactly the right size and color you're looking for. Will the toilet police arrest you if you don't use the darn rug in front of a toilet?!

P.S. Love your Scout photo :-)