But, I can't leave Halloween behind! Please don't make me leave orange and black behind!
My partner's birthday is October 27th, and for 22 years I've made a point of not combining the Halloween thing with the birthday thing. But this year, out of a sheer sense of panic over the relentless passage of time, I made a Halloween-y/Gothicky type birthday card. I had about 20 minutes to make it. I threw on some gel medium, a layer of napkin, got out the letter stamps and the orange pigment pad, some stickers, stole an image from the web, got out the gel pens, (I was going to use some images from Michelle Ward's Printed Matter sheet, but you don't want to rush through THAT beauty) and whipped out this puppy. I felt so vindicated.
So, as usual, it was about me, and my needs.
Here's the outside, with the envelope:

Here's the inside:
3 comments:
chris - i spy a sneaky window....can you see that dudes face through it? nothing better than a made-with-love card, bravo! thanks for sharing another post with the team.
chris...i've been meaning to tell you how very very very much i dig your blog and how very very very loud it makes me laugh (no. guffaw I mean) when i'm reading it. my sister (from town-o-punks) is visiting and i just finished reading her about 10 of your posts. before each one i say, "okay listen to THIS one. it's REALLY funny."
and you are.
Thank you! I love it that our crusades with Michelle create a big community where we can 'meet' each other. Also, it's a good thing I have a blog, because my friends are getting sick of my smartass comments!
Thanks for reading; I'm honored that you enjoy.
Post a Comment