
This month's crusade for the Street Team site is: Who's Yer Muse, Baby?
Phrased a bit differently here.
This is my lucky crusade! Because I have lots of muses! I suppose you'd call them musi. Here is a list of my musi:
My mother
My partner
Alice In Wonderland
Paris, France
Louise Fitzhugh
Starhawk
Philip Dick
Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Audrey Hepburn
Chuck Close
Diane Fossey
Louise Nevelson
Neil Gaiman
Henry Moore
Jimmy Carter
Azerbaijan
This list could go on and on, I'm sure. How boring life would be if I wrote down all my musi on this list. But, if you've read the crusade parameters from the first link I gave you, you'll know that a muse can be a person, place, or thing, as long as it inspires in some way. Actually, I think Michelle is so open-minded and zenlike, that she will accept any definition for muse, with the possible exception of this guy.
Anyway, I haven't begun my assignment for the crusade yet. But as I let my musi percolate, I thought I would ask you who your muse might be. You probably aren't going to make a chunky page or an ATC, a journal page, an inchie, a flower arrangement, a coffee mug, or a scale replica of Stonehenge, to represent your muse for the crusade, so how will I know what your muse is, unless I ask? Surely, you have one? It's what you imagine when you are performing. Perhaps when you're making dinner, you imagine Martin Yan is guiding you. Perhaps when you pick out wallpaper, you think of Charlotte Perkins Gilman. Perhaps when you're playing with your pets, you think about Barbara Woodhouse. It's even possible that you aspire to this when performing certain tasks. But how would I know? Except, of course, to look at you.

So please post a comment and share your muse with me.
And if you don't see your comment posted here, it will mean I've decided to steal it for the crusade. Just ask Kerry.
6 comments:
whenever i need a muse, i dream of you, in all of your insane creativity.
that's enough to get me off...
Thank you very much, Anonymous! I'm sure you mean 'get me off' in the best possible way!
I probably should have stated that employees of Blogger, bloggers, and their friends and family, are not eligible as muses. Otherwise, I would have picked you as my muse, as well!
I love your list of muses. I would say Madeleine L'Engle, Mary Blair, Eleanor Roosevelt, ...and I guess it depends on what I'm trying to access. Melancholy? Kate Chopin. I love the wallpaper reference--I read that in Women's Studies. Harrison Ford used to inspire me with his emotional depth and vulnerability in his acting, but now that he dumped his wife and is dating an anorexic teenager, I can't take him seriously anymore. Too bad. I love your list: I am a big Neil Gaiman fan as well, have you seen MirrorMask?
Carrie
I haven't seen MirrorMask, Carrie, but thanks for reminding me. In this busy life of a reporter (remember THAT commercial?!), I Flix things (new verb) and forget they are down there on my list! Right now, I have White Noise and Sweeney Todd (the original) at home. But Scout needs a belly rub.
Love Louise too! She is shrined here in my studio. And how freaky is this? I just saw MirrorMask LAST NIGHT! I have the dvd but couldn't find it Saturday and thought it was my lucky day when it showed up on some channel last night.....and then I come here and you guys are talking about it. *enter twilight zone music here*
I can't remember what she said, but she smiled when she said it and that's enough for me...
Post a Comment