August 19, 2008

Multi-Birthday-Bash-By-the-Sea!



In two short days, we'll be heading up to Monterey to celebrate the birthdays of several of our closest, most groovy friends. They are amazing, and I can't imagine having a better time than with them, golfing, dining, laughing, re-connecting with some long-distance friends, and doing it all by the beautiful California seaside. And I will be meeting an internet friend face-to-face for the first time! It promises to be a great affirmation of so many things I treasure in my life.

I'm a very lucky girl!

Of course, I'm taking my portable art kit with me, to complete some small projects during the long drive up from L.A., and to begin a bigger project when I can spread things out in the hotel room. There is nothing more inspiring to me than being surrounded by nature and by people I love...



...AND by a fabulous new tub of gel medium. I don't know what it is, but quite often when I crack open a jar of that miraculous medium, all the muses convene at once.

Okay, it could be the fumes.


Here's wishing you, readers and friends, a beautiful summer weekend. And don't forget to thank the muses!


Next up: In a state of extreme light-headedness, Chris epoxies herself to the passenger seat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could have sworn I told you this was to be a crafts free weekend.
There will be no crafting allowed while driving the golf cart and you'd better not leave any goopy residue at the ranch.

Anonymous K

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Anonymous K -- Chris wrote that the Tub Of Gel Medium is for entertainment in the hotel room. So I guess we know where the action is gonna be this weekend! How I yearn for the "after" photos.