October 19, 2008

After-party Glow



Look at these gladioli (Trader Joe's, 4.99).
Is THAT a beautiful color? When they all open, it's going to be even more amazing. Glads are my favorite flower.

A close second are these:


Gerber daisies. In both instances, I think they come in every color except black. I love color. Have you noticed how a prism reveals all the colors hiding inside black? You knew that.

I just think it's very WOW.

Here's a picture of a candle from last night. A leaf fell from the weeping fig just above the candle, and it fell right into the flame. Now that's going out in a blaze of glory.



Today, after going here, I'm reading this:



You may have as good a day as I will, but I just don't know how.

3 comments:

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Beautiful post, and thanks so much for the SWEET comments. It meant a lot!!!Come back often ;)

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I am still in the midst of the party, can you imagine? Still trying to make visits!! So I might need some of your snacks to sustain me!! cackle cackle!!

LiLi M. said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting my little try to celebrate Halloween party! And it's so nice to meet you! I have been scrolling a little you see. Love your banner to start with. And that book, is it really worth while? Have fun today and have a happy Halloween!