October 17, 2008

BLOG PARTY!


Tea and Biscuits, anyone?





I love the colors of dusk these nights. I don't know if all this luscious color is due to the season, to atmospheric pollutants, to optical illusions, or if they are the harbingers of Spooky Nights Ahead...

...but the sky has been beautiful.



Inside, there are autumn colors as well. As already mentioned here a few days ago, I've been crafting a lot and loving all the imagery and colors of the season. Halloween is my FAVORITE!! For one thing: how can anyone resist all the GOURDS?!?


I got some gourds today and I put them on the Halloween table. Oh, scoff if you will, but check out the party these guys are having. The gourds are just a hint of the festivities.



I've got the felt Frankie bucket holding a ton of seasonal art pieces gifted to me the past couple of years.


I have been doing so much painting and cutting and molding and glazing and constructing lately I just had to revisit other people's work. I'm still at work at the display shelves for all this great stuff, and it'll be great to finally have it displayed on the wall for easy access.

Here's a smattering of Frankie's insides.



There's a little wooden chest I bought years ago at the Sawdust Festival in Laguna, and I love the magical look of it.



Flash, the Wonder Dog is protecting it right now, but he was kind enough to open it and show all the rocks inside. There's a window prism in there, but it's not really visible in this photo. I tend to horde things. Right now, I'm hording certain recyclables for altering, but since I was a girl, I had an obsession for rocks and minerals. There is a collection of them in the little wooden chest.



Spiderwoman and Vampira flank my latest canvas, an eerie town of blood festooned in black microglitter. I think microglitter is my current favorite supply. At least it's neck and neck with gel medium. (And as long as you don't get glue in your hair at the same time, the glitter will shampoo right out.)



I'm feeling peaceful right now. Which is a rare feeling for me, especially with the state of the nation right now. But I'm feeling happy right now. For one thing, it's the weekend, and I can sleep in. I'm also looking forward to a birding expedition on Sunday, and I plan to take a lot of photos at the L.A. Arboretum, which is one of our favorite places to go in the morning. I love to watch the peacocks roaming around the grounds, the geese and swans on the lake, and the colors of the rose garden, which deepen as they warm to the sun.

Oh, and Saturday night...?

Halloween Blog Party at A Fanciful Twist and...

a scary movie.

11 comments:

Kathryn Costa said...

My oh my you have been a busy bee. I too adore gourds and picked out a huge one with a crooked neck in the hopes of drying it out to fashion a birdhouse. Pray that it dries and doesn't rot on me!

Thanks for your Halloween tour. I've saved some brain tonic and three witches brew for you and Vincent Price is waiting to tell you a story. Do stop by!

Happy Halloween.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Gourds are so bootiful!
I enjoyed my visit! Thank you!
Becky

inge said...

you gathered quite some stuff!!

The photos of the skies àre beautiful: it's only temporary so ... enjoy !

Your halloweenpainting is really nice!

greetings from Belgium
Inge

AwtemNymf said...

Nice paper dolls! Autumn skies are breath taking aren't they! The rich hues of orange & pink. So October!!!
Neat decorations! I enjoyed my visit!
I'm Blog Hopping from Vanessa's "A Fanciful Twist" Party <{:O)
Stop by my place too... I'm having a couple of give-aways!
Have a bootiful day!
Be Enchanted!
~A~

Natalia said...

Beautiful collection of Halloween goodies!

3rdEyeMuse said...

that's some pretty amazing Halloween goodness ... and I love the painting. :)

ps - I'm a rock collector, too. infact, my wedding favors were polished rocks &chocolate lady bugs tied in a scrap of lace. :)

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I had a wonderful time visiting your party - so many delicious things to see! I will come back and linger longer but I must go and visit some other parties. Maybe you'll have time to stop by my little place and enjoy some Beetlejuice. I'd love to show you my scrapbook. Happy Halloween!
marsha

cinnibonbon said...

All these goodies...for me?

What a fabulous party!!

Happy Halloween

Stop by over at my place and sit with me a spell!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I love the tea pearty set up!
Katrina in AZ

Carrie said...

I love your Halloween table. And I just realized the doll I made you is on it! I feel so honored! I love the wonder weiner dog, too.

JEWELGIRL said...

Thanks for inviting me to your
Halloween Fun! I enjoyed your
Halloween table and all its
cool art!