
Hi, my Dear Readers!
LOOK at these lovely peonies! I don't think they grow all year in this irrigated desert that is Southern California, but Trader Joe's doesn't care! They are offering them up, and I'm taking them! And then taking blurry pictures to remember them by!
In honor of Spring and impending Summer, I am going to take a short blogging break. It may last two or three weeks, so I wanted to let you know that I have not forgotten to make my usual snarky commentary or petulant complaints, but that I'm simply busy with my pursuit of a First Violin position at The Met. I must keep my fingers free of gel medium toward that end.
In the meantime, please rush to the theatres and see this little gem. It's irreverent, it's shocking, it's funny, it's hokey, it's gross, and it harkens to a time when horror movies could both scare you and delight you. If you're as mature and as wise as I am, you might remember those times...
14 comments:
... at least you left us with peonies. :)
Love the peonies, I hope you enjoy your break. We'll be here when you get back.
--Jane
As a Midwesterner who grew up with peonies all about, I gotta tell you, your photo is the FIRST time I've ever seen one that wasn't totally crawling with ants. Do you suppose it's something in the (vase) water?
Have fun on your "break," and no, don't worry about us, we'll just sit here in the dark, humming tunelessly, until you return to entertain us once more.
Oh I am so glad you finally got your Peonies! They look lovely!
see.... *sigh*
I thoughtyou were going to tell me about lesbian vampire killers...
as an avid fan of b grade film, I love anything like that.. I own my own copy of "women behind bars" and had a first date at a g grade lesbian pritate movie..
Peonies just this color are opening in my garden right this minute!
You are going to be missed a LOT but I know you wouldn't be taking this break if you didn't need it. Rest and renew dear friend.
Oh, I didn't know that you are a violinist... have a lovely break filled with songs from your soul... Roxanne
You go ahead and treat those precious little fingers of your like gold...best thoughts are being sent your way...Good luck on the position! The peonies are glorious...Am off to Trader Joes later today to see if I can get me some too! :)
and just where so you think you're going missy??
there are those of us that count on your blogging as daily sustenance!!
i need my laughs in the am, to get my day going well!!!
i may just have to call you every morning instead ~:-)
take your time, i'll be sitting glumly in front of my monitor...
luv ya',
s
Uh oh, looks like some of your readers take you at face value!
You and a violin? Not likely.
And why are you promoting a Universal film in your blog? Dont tell me you saw that film before you went to see UP! You disapoint me.
Anonymous K
I love these pink peonies! I have six or so peony bushes in my garden, but recent rains drove all the blooms to the ground. That's the thing with these loverlies. They're best kept inside I think.
And hey, I just went up to see your fav blog post, and saw it was mine! Thanks for the plug!
And hurry back!
Have a good little blogging break, Chris. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the job at The Met. How exciting would that be?!!
I love all the pink - you should come out to the Farmers Market at the Piazza on Tuesdays - ohhhh - so lovely and tasty
have a great break and make some good music!
My peonies are in full glory! You go off and enjoy yourself and the creative process...
we'll be here...
Post a Comment