
I just finished a card which will be part of a postcard-sized book for a member of the art group I belong to. She's been experiencing some challenges, and we wanted to cheer her up. Here's the front. I stamped the surface using gel medium to get texture. Then I painted the surface and stamped it with my favorite tree stamp. The bird image (Martha Stewart clear stamp) was embossed with copper, and then painted.

The back of the card is another autumn image. I took a napkin and adhered it to a card. Then I cut the card to make 'mosaic tiles', and arranged them on a surface painted black. I was really pleased with the comforting feel of the card, and the warm sense of home. I only had a day to make this, so I worked a bit during lunch at the office, and then finished it last night. I'm striving more to create my own imagery in my art, but I was pleased with the overall feel of the card. I hope she likes it!
7 comments:
This came out great! I am sure it will do the cheering up trick!
Very creative and so cheerful!
Your friend will love this! And ditto Teri!
Your friend can not help but be cheered - this card is a reminder that she is loved very much.
Those are both lovely! I really like how the mosaic effect gives the house image an extra sense of atmosphere. Bravo!
the mosaic thing is hard to do.
A lovley thoght...
Great card Chris. Your friend will definitely get a lift from it.
What a beautiful card and so thoughtful!
Post a Comment