October 25, 2009

Whatcha Readin'?

When the winds begin to blow and the mornings are dark and the air cools and turns life different colors...

is there something yummy you like to read? Right now, I'm reading this.


I had recently read about Joan Aiken here. So I felt like I could use a little of her magic.

It's not a very long book, and then I'm set to read this. I've wanted to for years and never have. I love a good gothic!


And all through my days of spooky reading, I'm working on my contribution to this. Here is the beginning of my cigar box shrine.



Now, it may not seem like much right now, but I haven't actually started working on the box itself, yet. One year, friends of mine found my little stash of cigar boxes and thought it would be cute to rig a surprise confetti explosion. Apparently, a mousetrap, some punched holes, a couple of spools, some paper clips, a rubber band, and some snottiness, were necessary to achieve this. Needless to say, when I opened the box, I was quite...


surprised


If I don't see you before then, a Happy Halloween to all my lovely readers. Thank you, thank you! for your continued readership, and for making life even more fun.


Next Up: Chris realizes she can't remember where she moved her cigars...

7 comments:

Marie S said...

I am so looking forward to seeing how your shire works out.
Thank you for stopping by and good luck.
I moved the follow widgits up the page on the right hand side.
Have a wonderful day!

Seth said...

A happy halloween right back to you Chris!!

Leslie said...

What am I reading anyway. I had to go look. I'm reading Pat Conroy's new book, South of Broad, but it's been a while since I picked it up and may have to start over. I also have a book my daughter-in-law lent me: The Help. I haven't started it yet, but it's vying for my attention, and since I've neglected Pat for so long . . .
Happy Halloween!

urban craft said...

I love the halloween header!
and I love reading recommendations.
I, however, often get stuck with the more popularized reads:
Blame
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind
Spooner

Please don't ask me how I am reading 3 books at once, I will say that it takes a very long long time.

Leau said...

or even if they were exploding cigars...spooky to you. Can wait to see the finished shrine! smooches

Carrie said...

Oh, how mean! I hate tricks. That was just nasty what your "friends" did to your cigar box. They obviously didn't appreciate the fine art of STASH.

Now, that header rocks. It is so kewl. I can't wait to get my postcard!!

I loved that book! The Joan Aiken one, that is. I read it when I was a kiddie and loved it. The Moonstone, I have to say, was a boring slog. I read it in a lit class and could barely stay awake through it. Sorry.

I still love the Ray Bradbury story Something Wicked This Way Comes, and the movie is pretty good, too.

TBM said...

You've been rockin' the boxes, Chris! Cannot wait to see what you come up with.

I am reading... Little Women! I haven't read it in, ahem, too many years.