December 29, 2009

Post 400! And A Guest Blogger!

Sometimes, this blog is so boring. Blah blah blog, 399 boring blog entries!!



It's underwhelming.

So, when I found out that I was going to be a guest blogger, I was shocked!

This was my face:



See what I mean? It was like, I had a different expression, completely!

But once I got used to the idea, I decided to blab my ears off while I had the chance. It's already been over two years and this is the first time I've been asked to guest-host this blog. It's about time, I'd say, because something weird is happening here. This blog appears to be all about making things and then taking pictures of them and then showing them to people and talking about them. HELLO!? There hasn't been one dog treat in the whole place!

It's not like I haven't tried to help. Here I am, helping with some of the crafting.


This, of course, was when I had just moved in. You wouldn't catch me doing this now.

This is more my deal:


Or, this:


Unless one of my homeys comes over, then I'm all jiggy widdit, yo. Here be my homeboy Doc. He's all white and stuff. Sometimes just his breath can blow my ears back.



And this is Mac. He's a very patient listener.



And my homegirl Stella believes in the good life the same as me.



But there IS an occasional doofus that crosses my path. It's not like I look for these jokers! Sometimes I'm just out on a hike, minding my own business, you know, looking for other dogs' poop, and suddenly...



...Big Black Megator will show up.


Before I got here, I had to kick ass a lot, but now when these losers show up, mom just pulls me back before the ass-kicking even starts. Look at that guy. It's a good thing I had a halter on.

Then, there's the days when I have to represent. Like, for instance:

Game day.

'Nuff said.

And then, a girl has to catch some rays...


...which would be perfect, except for the getting-wet part.


I'm not one of those big dumb 'water dogs' who fly off cliffs every chance they get. Sheesh. Have some dignity, fellas.


And don't forget Dog Toy Day! For some reason, the toy always has paper wrapped around it, like 'Oh, isn't it fun watching someone without opposable thumbs tear it the package open!!'


People are weird, but you have to play along sometimes if you want the hedgehog. (You can quote me.)

Obviously, after a few days like this, I'm exhausted. Here I am with my friend Chad. He always lends an arm.

Or, I can wedge myself in somewhere, and take a rest.



And sometimes I try to get comfortable but someone's in my seat.


So I just go to my own bed.


Aaah!!

Well, that's about it for now. It was a lot of fun, but frankly, I don't recommend this blog-writing as a regular thing. Sure, it's nice to get kudos for a job well done...



But life is short. It's best to take a lie down.




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an OUTRAGE!

Love, Little

Anonymous said...

Scout, I must say that was one of the more interesting blogs we've seen on Prism Trail for quite a while. Thank you for stepping in and just love all the wonderful photos. Have a great New Year.

Anonymous K

Lost Aussie said...

My dawg says ^5 to all that!

Leau said...

Good thing Mom is there to protect those other dogs 'cuz girl...you could totally take those other d o g g s! Tell your mom I said she made my day! smooches or dog kisses, which ever you prefer...

Dianne said...

what a hoot! love it...I can vicariously enjoy your pets and their 'tude' (i'm allergic) from your blog. a very interesting guest blogger I must say!

jgr said...

Good job Scout! I think you should be a guest more often and WOW! you are really photogenic, too.

Anonymous said...

well yes, it's about time you took a turn blogging here...love all your friends, you would love to play with me and Melly.

AND!! I have that SAME hedgehog...my fav!

happy new year to you and Chris!!
x..x
Olive

iHanna said...

I understand writing can be difficult with paws - but hey, you're a talent and I so hope you'll be back in 2010 for another guest post! I will have to ask Smilla to write for me too, but I think she won't be so generous with details about her life! She IS a cat after all!

Big hugs and a happy New Year to you and to Chris, who always brighten my day with her comments! XOXO

Anonymous said...

well, we'll have to get the kids together ~:-)
I can't keep the boys away from the keyboard, maybe they could be guest bloggers next year too!
shout out to scout and her moms!
HNY!
luv,
s&r

susanna said...

Oh so cute! I especially like the upside down in the bed photo. I wish you many mornings like that in 2010!

Pickled Weasel said...

Great post Scout!

Anonymous said...

Great Scout! That was a great post! Not like, uh, your mom's post aren't great too, I mean, yah, they're great.

Hugs,

Stella