Remember the four F18s that flew over the Rose Parade in the Missing Man formation? This is the best photo I can offer of the jets as they passed over the foothills behind our house. The roar of them is something I always remember when I think of the New Year's Day fly-over. I also think about all the sacrifices made by all the people through all the decades of flight, to achieve the technologies we have now. Amazing.This morning I woke up to a fabulous moonset. Here's the beginning of it.

And here's the beginning and aftermath of the sunrise.


Later, the moon to the southwest.
The universe continually shows me how precious life is.
I have had a busy weekend. I've been conditioning, rolling out, cutting, impressing, and baking clay tiles all weekend. I enjoy doing it, but, dear readers, I have a new appreciation for the hard work and fatigue that can weigh on some of you professionals. I didn't have to make the tiles for a sale. It's just that my tile stash had been depleted, and I finally had to get to work. And what is the New Year for, but for getting to work doing what you love?
Here are a bunch of photos of the tiles I finished. I was going to share just one, but this is my blog. The canvas I've been working on is not yet ready for a reveal, but I promise to share too many photos of that, as well.



I salute the professional artists and crafters among you.
Those who do what they love, and often spend days doing it over, and over, and over again!
Next up: Chris forgets to grout, which disappoints her dentist.
12 comments:
They look good enough to eat, but, oh wait! I think I made a New Year's resolution to STOP eating the clay tiles.
Erin
I am highly curious about your project. Oh, teasers!
Hope you had a fabulous holiday. Happy 2010!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I love those jets... I get choked up when I see missing man formation...and I run outside every Charger home game as they fly over...even bought a scanner so I could listen to the air traffic controllers clear the air space to make way for the jets... Benny and the jets..Julie and the jets.
Nice tiles too.
ohhh, this moon....has been something else. Moon rising over Longs Peak and the pink mountains in the mornings....mmmmmm
Good book for early air flight...Sand, Wind and Stars by Antoinne de Saint Expury
x..x
those moon photos are very atmospheric. these tiles are ace..looking forward to seeing your canvas. thanks for your comments on my blog but when I click on your blogger info page it hasnt got your blog listed anymore so good job i know where to find it..or are you just adding to the mystery..
If it weren't for you sharing, we would have all missed the moon set and the sun rise. And up here in the cloudy Northwest, we get precious few opportunities to witness a show like this during the winter. So an especially big thank you from me!
Have you ever noticed that even the best non-telephoto picture of the moon never quite captures the icy mystery of it? You see this marvelous, transcendent sight, and reverently take a photo, and then what you get back is -- a blah little white dot on a black background.
As my pal Roberta once remarked about this very phenomenon, "You shoulda used a flash."
love these, but ya know I am a luna-tick! And I'm your favorite! how sweet is that...starts my new year off right! smooches
Great photos Chris! Love the new photo of you : ) Happy New Year!
Oh, what beautiful moonset pics. Thank you for sharing!
Great photos Chris. Yes, I try to appreciate all of those things. Thanks for reminding me again.
You MADE all of those tiles!!!???
Holy moly. I can't wait to see what you do with them.
Your tiles are so yummy, I agree with Erin! And your beautiful sunset and delight in the world is catchy, I am feeling this morning too... and I can hardly wait to see your new project. Happy Sunday to you, roxanne
Post a Comment