Here's a repost of previous photos offered here, at Prism Trail! some time earlier. Once again, I can't show you the ones I'm making today, before our rains start. (The clay oven is outside.)
And here are some of the tiles, before painting.

And here are some that I used as place tags for a dinner party.
I was toying with putting up a shop with some tiles for mosaicists or multi-media artists or people who want coasters or who just like to juggle tiles when they're bored with tennis balls. We'll see. If I put one more tile on the front of our entertainment console, I may have to live on the porch, far away from my studio, pictured here.
For some fabulous photos of people's studios, visit Seth at The Altered Page. Along with regularly featuring other artists and their works, he's just reposted a sampling of artist's studios and how they grew.
There's a series of storms coming to Los Angeles, starting today. I feel badly for the people who live in Malibu and other hilly and mountainous regions, where it's expected there will be from 12 to 20 inches of rain within a week. We're up by the hills, but the most run-off we have is when my dog goes out to go potty and is horrified that we have the nerve to make it rain on her and her tiny feet.
I wish all of you a lovely Sunday and a GREAT week. Here's to kind L.A. weather, and to kind weather everywhere, especially in Haiti.
Next up: Chris tiles over the bathroom medicine cabinet and has to refill all her prescriptions.
18 comments:
Your tiles are gorgeous! This might actually inspire me to get out the polymer clay....if I could find it! I read your earlier post about cleaning your studio and I could really relate!
Wow..what a collection...so awesome. I really like the gold and white tile picture...nice!
Chargers.
luv,luv,luv the tiles !!! I know it's a bummer when you tile over something and then have to refill all of your rx's.. what a dilemna~:-)
you've ticked my tiles, i tell ya' !
stay dry, s
The tiles are wonderful...little houses of stacks tile I see.
20 inches of rain!! holy cow....
Polymer Clay? These are made with Polymer Clay? No wonder you are so addicted! That stuff is highly addictive no matter what you make from it!
Love, love, love your tiles, Chris. Have you ever thought of using them to tile a back-splash, or around a sink? Or create a permanent frame on the wall (art work could be rotated in and out of the frame).
Just sayin' - no need to abandon your studio and live on the porch!
Can you believe this rain pattern we are in on the west coast? I hear it is because of El Nino. I guess boys will be boys!
Chris, your tiles are awesome!
Stay dry. That rain does not sound good...
Ho-go-geous! Yes indeed. Wishin' I'd been at that dinner party and gotten tiled.
MBW
What a wonderful collection. These tiles are gorgeous.
Gaby xo
You are really going to town -- i love what you are creating!
♥
Oh, what treasure. As a mosaic artist I have been thinking about making some tiles. Your work is beautiful and your enthusiasm for it shines through in your words and images.
Your tile and clay work is phenominal. I love what you have created in the past and I can't wait to see what you are currently working on.
Can you believe this crazy rain here in So Cali? Hope you are staying dry. I am hiding out and trying to switch my art gears to art I can work on in the house.
bee u ti ful stuff! and after all isn't stuff our palette? and wait did you say you feel sorry for people living in Malibu? Really? rain sounds amazing but I guess there can be too much a good thing, eh? smooches
Does this mean new tiles for Saturday's dinner?
Anonymous K
These are soooooo beautiful! I love your artwork with these gorgeous tiles! Thanks so much for sharing!
These are beautiful...painted and unpainted both...You achived such rich textures and designs...Gorgeous work! :)
Great collection. So varied in style and color!
Wow, they're as pretty unpainted as they are painted. You're totally making me want to make tiles now.
Those are sooo pretty!
Thank you for visiting!
I've been so bothered by spammers too but for some reason it's been very calm the past few days. Some days I erase 4-6 stupid spammy comments :-S
♥ Maria-Thérèse blog.afiori.com ♥
Post a Comment