March 7, 2010

I Want To Thank


I'm sitting here on Oscar night, watching the telecast and hearing the familiar "I want to thank..." being repeated fairly often. No matter how cliche'd that phrase may be, it reminds me that there's a great feeling of thankfulness and the desire to give credit when something great comes your way.

A couple of weeks ago, I was lucky enough to receive two lovely gifts from artists I've become closer to over the past few years. Although I've never been in their physical presence, their gifts bring yet another dimension of themselves into my life. Isn't it great when that happens?! And I didn't want to let any more time go by without sharing their gifts with you.



Marie made a lovely pair of red earrings for me, with ribbon and delicate beaded wire wrapping. And, knowing that I occasionally like wearing only one earring, she made the little piggy earring along with the pair! I wore them right away, first the pair, and then little piggy when I was feeling...jaunty! I haven't often worn dangly earrings because of my long hair, but I've gotten so many compliments on these earrings that it's changed my mind on that completely.



My art group friend, Rita, knows how much I love the monsters in her Zazzle shop. I got a painted canvas and a great vintage postcard from her that made me laugh. Now her fabulous portrait of monster Lawrence graces our entertainment center, keeping me company while I'm watching the Oscar montage of scary scenes from movies like Psycho and The Blob.

So. I want to thank Marie and Rita, for their belief in me and their continued support. See you at the after-party!



Next up: Chris realizes that Jagermeister actually does stain pink lame and aubergine ruffled organza.

2 comments:

TBM said...

What nice friends you have! Those are wonderful surprises :-)

Lost Aussie said...

Oooh love the purple background that rocks! And thanks for the shout-out! Lovely friends, whether inside of blogland or out are always a treasure and worth spoiling! xox