October 12, 2007


I'm so tired!

I spent the whole evening wrapping a present. Can you believe that? I got a Halloween present for someone, and instead of just wrapping it, I had to collage it. I already felt like a slacker because I didn't make the accompanying card from scratch. When you start this whole altered art/collage/assemblage business, buying a pre-made card just seems like a cop-out. So, I decided to design the scary wrapping for the gift. I got some great, shiny, paper for the foundational wrap. Then, I made a haunted house collage, put that on the front, with some dangly things (spiders and bats), but that wasn't enough. No. Then, I had to do the bottom of the package, and both the sides. There's so much stuff on that package, you can't even open it.

Sure, I could have posted a photo of it, but I didn't take one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should never write a blog saying you are wrapping a present for someone. Why isn't it for me?
I'm now extremely jealous of whomever is getting this amazingly wrapped gift.

Kerry