May 26, 2008

The Happening

UPDATE: Photos added!



What a wonderful day!

First, I got to meet my wonderful friend Cris. We've been online friends for a couple of years, but as you probably know, face to face is so... well, real. She's just as fun and creatively inspiring in person!

When we met at Zinnia for our polymer bead and wire wrapping class, Cris brought me a fabulous horde of art supplies. She's lightening her load in preparation for moving to Maui for GOOD! I made out, with great art papers, ephemera, embellishments and stickers. But even better than that, I was awarded with a Cris Peacock original soldered charm necklace, which is so pretty! I can't wait to wear it everywhere. Here it is:




The bead and wire wrapping class was really inspiring and fun. Here is a crappy photo of a few of the beads I made. They have gold and silver leaf in them.


The arty people we met, and the instructors, were very cool, and we found three other classes to take together, in June alone. Which is good, because Cris has to zipline out to Maui in July. I'm going to miss her, but I'll be seeing her during all my trips back to the Valley Isle.

And here's a detail picture of Jeanette's newest mosaic. It features the angel charm I found in Maui, that just called out her name. Isn't this a gorgeous mosaic? That girl is talented. But don't tell her unless you want her to snicker at you.






I love arty people!

No comments: