Okay, kids. Play nice.
I'm leaving on a Jet Plane (not a Whim, as Mary Ann suggested), in a few hours, and I'll get to my Beach Club around 9pm and I'll leave for my ATV slash zipline excursion on Haleakala at 4am. So don't try to reach me, because I'll be way WAY higher than you people.
I have a fear of heights. Oh, I'm sure you're thinking... just face it. But I also have a fear of embarrassment, falling to my hands and knees on the zipline platform, and crawling away weeping, disgracing my partner, my gender, my generation, and quite a few complete strangers. So, I guess it will be a simple matter of which fear I can conquer the easiest. Easiest is the key, because I'm lazy as hell.
My biggest hope for the trip, after the wish to survive it, the wish to have enough tip for the bartender, and the wish that my sunscreen actually does what it's supposed to, is to create as fabulous and evocative a journal as Mary Ann has created of her trip to Italy.
Arrivaloha!!
1 comment:
-waving bye- Just in time to say auf wiedersehen before you set sail or uh...flight!
PC gods had me captive... but knowing you are facing your fears as I did (life without PC, lol) than perhaps my day is looking UP.
-watching the sky for you to fly over-
Have a great trip anddon't look down! xo, Monica
Post a Comment