Our swap this time is a player's-choice history page swap, where we may select any period in history as the subject for our pages.
My choice was 1940's Abstract Expressionism. I'm way into the Abstract Expressionists. The Concept Expressionists just don't party as hard. Gotta hit the dance floor with the Abstract Expressionists if you really wanna boogie. Either the Abstract Expressionists, or the Beat Poets, have the wildest parties, that's what I've found. No point in bringing your black light posters to a Concept Expressionist party, because they don't have black lights.
It's official: I've actually bored myself.
The bottom line is, I painted up some pages kinda like certain famous painters mighta done, provided they were hungover. The painters I chose were Mondrian, Klee, Kandinsky, and Pollock. Oddly, Mondrian was the most difficult to copy, because I actually had to know how to draw a straight line.
Here's a poorly-shot photo of the pages before I sent them out early this morning.

I know I know. The likenesses are incredible.
In other news, I will be away for a few days. I'm going to Vegas to see Cher. I might go to her show, too. It just depends on whether I have time. There's the spa to visit, Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill, The KA experience, video poker, the sauna, the pool, sleeping, and sleeping. Oh! And...
This place is incredible. It's four stories of mania. Bulk-bins filled with every color of M&M you can imagine, M&M toys, M&M notepads, playing cards, hats, and even art materials. We've learned our lesson, and we're taking an extra bag for the stuff we bring back from the M&M Store. We may not even be arrested this time.
Next Up: Chris makes a mosaic with sky-blue and grey M&M's, using grout that melts-in-your-mouth--not in your hand!
17 comments:
Nice pages!! Are you packing your bongos too?
I went to Mesa Grill in NY once...I think....there is one in NY, right? All I remember is that of all the restaurants we tried that week...that one was the best..I think I ate a stuffed chili rellano...and probably some beef of some sort...I remember the rellano though...look for it!
One more thing.....two coin, wild cherry.
M&M world!
Now that sounds better than an elvis wedding... have fun my dear and dont get sprung imitating those artists...
Your pages look great Chris and trip sounds fantastic. I frequent the Mesa grill here in NYC. Yummy. And M&Ms - yummier.
Have I mentioned lately that I love you people?
I woke up to get some work in before the trip, and I turned around and left the office as soon as I got there. I said to myself: Hubert? You haven't blurfed in ages because of the audit and the swapping and the sleeping at night, and you miss your peeps! What are they doing? You don't know, because you haven't been blurfing! You get on home and visit your favorite blogs!
So, I am. And don't call me Shirley.
Love the art! Love it!! Love the Abstract Expressionists too.
M. &. M. World. Swoon!
Have fun in Vegas :-)
say hi the cher for me! LOVE the pages, you may yet be a great art impersonator :-) have a great trip and don't forget the greeennnsss!!!
s
Oh wow, I love the paintings. Hope you have a wonderful time in Lss Vegas with Cher - give her my best.
I'm thinking one or two red or green M&Ms would break up the grey/blue of that mosaic ;-)
x
Oh you name-dropper you!!! lol Love your arty pages, be careful....the art counterfeiter's will be after you to work for them!
An M & M store??? Only in America!!! hahahaha
you didn't even have to name them as there they were in all their glory (though I have to say you did a light handed Pollock) .... LOVE these pages ... as in ADORE them and MUST attempt sometime ... soon!
Safe travels & have lots of fun, fun, FUN!
Bored yourself? But these pages are soooo cool! I want to do a swap with you now on this theme. Copy famous abstract artists. I love them!! They all rock. You must do a swap with me. so there.
And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks M&M World is a better attraction than the casinos. I could live in there. Thank you for spreading the chocolate mecca gospel.
You are friggin' hilarious. Enjoy Vegas. I didn't realize there was an M+M world. Oh my!!!
And yes, the Abstract Expressionists R-O-C-K!!!
I am trying to get someone to film my show, so hopefully I will get a lil video up on my blog.
You've been busy! How many people are participating in this swap?
Have fun in Vegas! I've never been there - yet. I hope you have a terrific time. Remember your camera!
ha! like always...
Klee is my favorite here...tear up the town in Vegas! I have a fab M&M dispenser from that place, very addictive all the time.
Oh Chris, you do delight! I hope you are having a wonderful time in Vegas. Somehow, I know you are. I love the work you've shared here, and I can't wait to see what you glean from Vegas!
Oh good lord...can you come an paint me a new Renoir for the living room? Mine is looking kinda dusty and I have it on good authority that if I wipe it with Mr Sheen the paint will come off....easier to get a new forgery..you do commissions?..don't you?
xoxo
holy son of a you know what. these are in-f%$#@!g-credible!!!!!
it's official: you're a genius!
Very impressive paintings!
Post a Comment