Oh, sure. A likely story.
This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time was only about 10 days ago. I got the front label, stamped 'RECEIVED WITHOUT CONTENTS', and no Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis movie attached. And about a week ago, I received my rental of 'Grey Gardens', cracked in half. It's very hard to watch it when it's like that. Believe me; I tried.
I realize that this could be someone's idea of commentary on my selection of rental titles.
As I had done the first time I got a wrapper without a disk, I contacted Netflix by phone. Have you ever contacted Netflix by phone? Netflix people are tickled to death when you call them. Disneyland is no longer the happiest place on earth. About two years ago, I called Netflix to inform them I had gotten a disk out of order, and would they please send me the previous one. They were so happy, I thought they were going to have a party. I could have sworn I heard a chorus of 'Kumbaya' in the background.
Anyway, so now I called and talked to someone who claimed to be Heather. And I said, Heather, I'm very glad that you're doing wonderfully and I'm doing well. But mostly, I want to alert you to the fact that some very strange things have been going on with my recent deliveries, and I don't want Netflix to think that I'm going around stomping on my rentals or trying to flush them down the toilet. And Heather, whose new baby is named Emma, and who loves my voice because I sound just like her favorite literature professor, and who just saw some beautiful shoes at Bergdorfs at 25% off if I'd like to hurry over there, said, "Don't you worry at all! We are well aware that things happen and they are No One's Fault! If we ever notice that there is a pattern of such occurrences in your area, rest assured that we will contact your postal authorities and continue to ensure quality deliveries of your rentals! And now, I would like to send out to you the next selection in your queue, as well as your missing title."
I wasn't ready for a response to this. I thought about this for a moment. I admit, I was tempted to ask her to send me out a pizza for dinner while she was at it. But then I realized that I was afraid she would.
Anyway, that is why I currently have Grey Gardens, CSI season 5 disk 2, Living It Up, and a documentary about Jackson Pollock. I actually don't have enough time to watch them all, but I just didn't have the heart to tell my new friend Heather that.
Next Up: Heather delivers Chris's next disk personally, and Chris calls the cops.
10 comments:
I seen the post on netflix and had to comment. Once my dog ate half a movie, I called and they said no problem send it back and we'll send you another copy. Another time my brother borrowed a movie and was in a really bad wreck, the movie was in his suv and we never found it so I call them again and again get No problem we'll send you another copy.
Do they purposely go out looking for the sweetest people alive to hire? I thought about canceling at one time and felt guilty. :)
yo1 we have no problems with our netflix... i think it must be that they know it's you... and that they KNOW that you're using it to collage with!
and they're all stepford people :-)
s
STOP THE PRESS!
Grey Gardens?? Is it the original documentary....or did they remake it? I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Grey Gardens... (The original one..)
I had it on VHS a long time ago..have not seen it since. If you see it pop up on TV..please let me know..I need to put it into the DVR. Stat.
Lunch is ready..I'm having a high ball and some corn..
I want to go work with Heather. I'd love to be that happy at work.
I now have a disk that seems to be not working. The first time I encountered that from Netflix. Now I am excited about letting them know! Thanks.
You are hilarious! How nice that customer service is not totally obsolete. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
-J
I LOVE this...customer service with a smile?? Does not happen too often...you know...
I've never had this happen, I do get many discs that...right at a crucial moment, viewers holding our breath....the disc starts OVER!!!
Maybe I will call them, just to report this....
Stephanie, let me know how they treat you! You may have a new friend!!
We've NEVER had a bit of trouble with our net flix deliveries, but we were laughing til we cried over this post. Thank you for starting out our day on such a high note!
You are brilliant!
Hahahah! I'm glad you were able to straighten things out.
Post a Comment