What am I saying? I can't even pretend to the hip-hop. It's ridiculous to even front about it.
For this Trail installment, I want to share with you a work of craft so fabulous that it cannot go unblogged. Sue Goddard, of the Altadena Goddards, has created for her daughter Melinda, a knitting needle carrier that is so exquisite as to make me, a woman who uses her seam ripper for flossing, want to take up knitting and crochet just so she can commission Sue to make a carrier for her needles, guages, hooks, tapes, mallets, lozenges, string cheeses, and assorted other Accoutrements du Purl.
Take a gander at THIS:

oh, wait...
Those are the tiles I made as placecards for tomorrow's dinner party. How did THOSE get in here? Hold on...
Okay, FEAST on this visual, eh... feast:

But, that's only the back! There's more! Part du:

No, no, don't sign off and go to Twitter, yet, you tweet addict. Because, the piece d'resistance awaiteth....
Voila!
la inside!!!!

I know, I know.
I actually brought my camera to work so I could share this beauty with you. Because, if you were Melinda, would YOU let me take this work of fabric artistry home to photograph? Of course not! Not after what happened to Frannie Leibowitz's career retrospective coffee-table book when I borrowed it. No.
But, I only cut out the one picture...
12 comments:
yes, that knitting carrier is scrumptious in it's color, design and execution, but hold on! back to those placecard tiles you made!!! uh, LOVE them. you and your tile magic ... I was only being nice earlier when I said take your time
... ok, ok, not true - I meant it. Take your time, but don't forget. :)
When are you going to start selling tiles to home depot? ;)
LOVE the needle carrier....Mine are wedged into nooks and crannies in between boxes in my closet. Attractive. No?
Feeling better. Girl Scout cookie delivery came tonight. Just in the nick of time...
Thanks for today!!
LOVE the tiles, Chris. I hope your guests will get to take them home! If I was your guest, I would take one home no matter what!
The needle case is a lovely idea! I just HAVE to have one - I don't own a knitting needle or a crochet hook but I really want the needle case just the same.
when's dinner? I don't care what we eat, i just want a tile :-) can i get one of those needle carriers?? i have a knitting addict in mind...
let me know! luv ya'
s
oh boy, oh boy more fun stuff to take home from the dinner party.
Anonymous K
Agh, my crossword-puzzle scars are showing. The word you want ("a carrier for her needles, guages, hooks, tapes, mallets, lozenges, string cheeses, and assorted other Accoutrements du Purl") is, alas, "etui." And no, Caesar didn't ask Brutus for one with his dying words.
Hey, I'm a knitter and yes, I want one of those carriers (oh wait, I already have one and it's full so I need another one), but your tiles are COOL! You seriously have to sell those in your artfire store, you dork! I hope you didn't let people go home with them, for goddsake! make more! stop Twittering!
Smile when you say that.
Great place cards....and whoa....knitting needle carrier as well????? Is there anything you can't do?
You are too kind. Your comment made my day. Thanks Chris.
I don't knit. I learned to crochet in grade school but my dirty hands sullied the thread. The knitting needle carrier is very pretty and functional. they have painters' brushes holders designed like those, except with painters' brushes, they get soiled and had to be soaked. I can't believe how lovely those tiles are! They almost look like edible Godiva chocolate boxes!
Like the placecard tiles. So glad they "slipped" in there somehow.
Such great tiles, Chris!! I mean REALLY!
And that needle carrier is fabulous too.
But the TILES!
Post a Comment