March 15, 2009

Yo! My Peeps!!

Hey, all! V. exciting news!!


I got my first Peeps of the season!



Don't be jealous.

There's often much discord on the subject of Peeps. Do you eat them fresh from the egg? Or, do you let them air out and get harder and chewier?

Or, do they disgust you?


Yay!!!



note: this blog will return to its incipient craftiness as soon as a certain person stops sneezing, coughing, and occasionally leaning sideways.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

they disquest me :-(
you could sneeze all over them and use them in an art piece.. try journaling on a peeps! there's art for ya' :-)
s

Anonymous said...

oh, I must say...I think they LOOK delightful...love the little guys all lined up..at attention,

but

the taste, I'm afraid, does disgust me...

hope you happy household is feeling better soon.

Mrs Pretzel said...

Um... I totally love them EITHER way.

Erin in Morro Bay said...

My daughter - the quirky one - likes to roast them over campfires!
Erin

Anonymous said...

That whooshing sound you hear is my husband rushing out the door to go get HIS peeps before you deplete the stocks!

3rdEyeMuse said...

I used to adore Peeps (fresh and stale), but the last time I tried one ... well, lets just say I DO NOT adore them anymore ... *sighs*

Leslie said...

They are cute, but I'm afraid I don't eat them either. Although, I know people who do. Did you know they have their own web site?

http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/

Laney said...

They disgust me. Thank God I never saw them in Canada!

Now pass those Cadbury cream eggs!

Jo Anne O. said...

Hey Chris, me...well...I prefer to eat them as hard and chewy as they can get...but I usually end up only having one last that long!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG: I think Erin's daughter has a good thing goin'...

S'more Peeps, please!

Personally, I like to eat the insides and leave the hollowed outsides in the rain. Funny things happen. I'll send pictures next time it rains.

p.s., my word verification was "falises"... wut up wi dat?!

TBM said...

I used to hate them, but I like them now (in small quantities). My sister in law brought us some last month. Regular and chocolate mousse. I thought the chocolate ones would be awful, but they weren't bad ;-)

Lost Aussie said...

I have no idea what a "Peep" is...clearly I have had my head in a sandbox for the last 10 years I've lived in the US...they look colourful enough...but probably a little too bright to eat!

Anonymous said...

what the hell is a peep?

Does it have the nutritional value of styrofoam with the shelf life to boot?

I'll swap you a durian for one.

Kitty said...

What are 'Peeps'? I've never heard of them before. Am I being disgustingly ignorant, and you're all laughing at the poor ignorant Englisher?

x