(Note: for those who have never been here and now regret it, there be the occasionally throw-out of the hip-hop on these pages. There's really no basis for doing it, because I have no idea what I'm talking about. Peace out, yo!)
I be home from the Sedonas! I've been home for a few days, but life has a way of getting in the way of the blogging way, and besides, I've been lying prostrate on the floor, drooling. It be hot. It be hotter here in the crib than in the Sedonas, y'all.
(Note: please stop talking like that for now.)
(Okay.)
I'll tell you, some weird-ass stuff happened on the trip. To wit:
Ice cube tray remaining in freezer:

Ice cube tray pulled from freezer:

Now, this is forensic proof of weirdness, people.
What the hell? What's it doing...reaching for the stars? Divining one of the Sedona vortexes? Trying to get out? I didn't waste any time. I put those cubes right in my water glass. At least it was water when I poured it.

Seriously. What the hell? Do you see water, here? Soil? No. But here's some plants, growning out of rock. Our Grand Canyon guide is taking us around to see the sites, and who cares about the Indian ruins when this thing is happening all around us.
(This is about the time I started looking for Damien.)
(Mostly because he owes me ten bucks.)
And what about this?

It hailed at the Grand Canyon. In July. Everyone at the Cameron Trading Post stopped working and went to the front window to watch the stones bounce up and down in the deep puddles. We were lucky to be inside, where the roof was leaking, but our guide drove the van up and waved us on out. He kept pointing to his watch and waving us out.
I waved something back at him, but no one was there to take a photo of that.
Next up: Chris be chillin' in the hizzouse, just flashing her grill, until the librarian tells her to be gettin her dogs off the study carrel.
10 comments:
glad to have you back home.
even the ice cubes were glad to see you.
Anonymous K
so funny - u crack me up! glad u can join in the changing collages fun :o)
HIlarious! Sounds like a fun trip...Sedona and the environs are magical...Loved those cubes!!! OMG:)
were those ice cubes jumping up out of the tray?? Oh, this crazy weather...hail in July at the Grand Canyon...
I'm sure you had your tour guide in stitches...
AND those Sedona skies...mmmmm
... are you tryin to make me pee in my pants?!?
Please provide a translation for all of us old folks who can barely remember what real words mean and seriously, those ice cubes are stalagmites, right? In a giant cave like freezer? In some weird alternative universe called Sedona? Do they hear the Taos hum there too? smooches to your return to Bloglandia, where spelling doesn't count...
YO YO Chris is in the house, bounce!
Thanks for the laughs!
Ice, ice, baby!
Did the hail evaporate once it hit that concrete?
Oooh....Sedonaaaaa... Yes, that IS weird about the ice cubes. Did you experiment with another, fresh tray? Maybe there's something spiritual-in-the-crystals-kinda-way about Sedona that causes melting water to spurt up like mini geysers? Very mysterious.
And hail?!!! Wow!
And it is downright miraculous that plants can grow in such a desert. I wonder if it flowers? I've heard that flowering desert flowers are incredible.
Anyhoo, I'm off to read more of your Sedona posts...
PS: Thanks for the post nod today!
Chris! You grew "ice spikes" http://www.its.caltech.edu/~atomic/snowcrystals/icespikes/icespikes.htm
Wow! How lucky are you! Must be Sedona vortex - no doubt about it! You were able to feel something out of the ordinary there - right???
I do NOT believe hail at the Grand Canyon this time of year!
Hot here too! We are expecting 107 fegrees today - in the rainy ole Pacific Northwest. And I understand we have you guys to thank for sending that air mass our way!
Post a Comment