Good morning, my Peeps!
I didn't bring my laptop to Sedona, so I can't download any of the incredible things I photographed the past couple of days. Just be prepared to have thy mind blowneth.
Once upon a time, I was lying in bed this morning, watching the sunrise cast brilliance over the red rock mesa outside my picture window. In that moment, as I was gazing at the colors of the sky, I realized that I was seeing colors and cloud movements that seemed new to me, even though I'd seen the sky just about every morning for almost 53 years. How many times has this happened to you? That you look at something in a fresh way, without even trying?
When I watched the view in front of me change with each moment, I wasn't expecting something from it. I was just seeing. And that's a great exercise for many reasons. But in terms of creativity, seeing things the way they are, rather than what I expect them to be, or what I remember them being, will be endlessly rewarding.
Next Up: Chris stands and stares at a raven for 45 minutes, and gets ticketed by a park official.
7 comments:
you are soo funny and wonderful.
Fresh eyes and a Sedona pink sky...along with that perfect Chris humor...wonderful
check you and your bad self out! I am sooooooooooooo looking forward to seeing the gazillions of pictures you've been taking.
ps - love when that happens & I am smart enough to just let it. :)
So happy to know you are in Sedona and that it's unique and special magic is touching your heart! Be careful -you won't want to leave!
And since you're in the neighborhood - if you get the time, go to Jerome and visit the old brothel, many years a fabulous restaurant and now delightful - Chris style gift shop!
Hope you are having the best time!!
Hi! Hey, I remember that beautiful Arizona sky. It is so vast. I love your new blog banner, what a rockin' turtle!
After this terrific post, I want to see your photographs, Chris! I want to see the colours and cloud movements, too!
Post a Comment