December 13, 2009

CARDS CARDS CARDS

The Owl Trainer, by Vanessa Valencia

Happy 397th post, My Lovelies!

Some time earlier, I mentioned that I had some cards made and ready to send out, and that I would share them with you after the recipients recipped them. Well, unlike many of my claims here at Prism Trail!, this was not an empty promise, or even a sick lie. I actually DID finish some cards and I AM going to share them with you.

All in good time, my pretties, all in good time.

FIRST, however, I must share with you something you all undoubtedly already knew but no one called to tell me, which is that just a couple of days ago, Miss Vanessa Valencia of A Fanciful Twist, met her birthday with surprise and revelry. Actually, she wasn't reveling, but many in her circle of fans began cheering, confetti-throwing, pom-pom brandishing, and all-around misbehaving, upon the Frabjous Day.

And yours truly missed the whole thing. Because I continue to be remiss in my bloggish visitations and have missed many important events, including yours, which loss I sorely regret.

But, oddly, this isn't about me. This is about WONDERFUL Miss Vanessa, who has built a virtual empire with her magical, whimsical, uplifting and colorful, life-affirming and ever-engaging explorations and excitations into honoring and celebrating life and what and who we love and value and are thankful for.

How she escapes utter exhaustion is a complete mystery.

But enough about her. As for ME, I have only partaken of about a million of Ms. V's creations, as evidenced here:


YOU, TOO, can dip into the Fanciful by traveling many, many miles at the click of a button. Or, simply delve into her near-daily journalings...there's nothing else like it! And, isn't that a refresher, amid the hustle and bustle?

Yes. It is. Especially if you include a chilled lemon drop martini in a sugar-rimmed glass, which I often do.

Now, back to the point of this whole post, which was: me. Here are a few of the cards I completed recently.

Both sides of one card:




Both sides of another card:




Both sides of another card:



I've never plastered dried leaves to cards before, and I have no idea how they will fare in the post, but I'm hoping that the magic fairy dust I put on them will alter natural laws and allow them to get to their people in one piece, after which it's no longer my problem! They began as postcards, and they ended as postcards (which in itself was fabulous because often my cards end up as recycling or my tiles end up as wobbly coasters or my boxes end up as bowls or... well, it's kind of embarrassing...), but unlike my other altered or conceived postcards, I didn't include any verbiage on these. Because, frankly, I am so tired of just talking talking talking all day, day in and day out, never a moment's PEACE!!!

(Also, I wanted the recipients to be able to use the postcards for their own devices, such as, to send them with their own messages, or to add their own photographs or bits and pieces, or to put them in valuable hand-carved frames with appropriate museum lighting.)

Okay. So, there you have it. Thank goodness we got to the whole point of this interminable post, and I didn't have to talk a lot.

Continue to love and lavish your valued sistren and brethren, and kiss thy tiny animal companions on their noses at every opportunity (unless you happen to have a camel, in which case, please stay as far from either of the ends as possible).

Happy Birthday, VanessaPie!


Next up: After reading this, Vanessa calls Chris and asks for all her stuff back.

8 comments:

a fanciful twist said...

OMYGOOODNESSSSSSS I LOOOVE your creations, yumm yummmm! I am still hoarding some of your tags and such, not to share with anyone!!

You are one of my most beloved pals, major laughs behind the scenes and crazy sense of humor we both share ;)

This was the most wackiest wild touching birthday ever. It was almost like, it was my last ;) (then again, I believe in living each moment as such, so there you have it) You are right, I was totally surprised!! Speechlessss!

I didn't realize you had so many Vanessapie faces in your posession, give them all back! ;) ;)

JUST KIDDING!

You are a beloved friend! Keep creating your marvelous treasures, I am covered in clay as I type! Are you covered in paint???

Much LOVE, V

Mrs Pretzel said...

LOVE the post cards!!

Anonymous said...

ha!! I too have been missing my blog visits but HAPPY to have made it to your party for the amazing Ms V!!

Linda said...

HI CHRIS!! Do you have a Facebook page?? I have tons of my clay work in an album on my FB page (Linda G. Illumanardi). AND yes, I have a few good pictures of Tillie I plan on using. I have been using the fire and landscape photos in a new book. It is a new variation I designed from "our" alternate star book model!! I will post the practice model soon...I have finished painting, etc the actual piece and did some cut-outs today. A busy time of year to take on something like this (am also volunteering at a local school without an art program this week...couldn't say no to a teacher who wanted to learn a book structure to use as a field journal and poetry. Who could say no to that??? AUGH! I LOVE your cards and wish I prioritized time to do something so lovely and thoughtful. YOu are a GEM. xox L

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dianne said...

your cards are beautilicious!

Lorraine said...

those cards are boss especially those bird ones..off to check out the link

Seth said...

These cards are so, so beautiful. And I bet they are even better in person ;-)