Since starting to read my two issues of Artful Blogging simultaneously (yes, I'm still going on about it), I made a promise to myself to spend some time taking photos like I used to in the olden days, when I had my 35mm SLR and wanted to be a photo-journalist, until I realized that I could never figure out how to load the film without someone's help.
I haven't taken any photos yet because I've been gluing backings to 315 hearts for Valentines that won't get done in time to send out. It's fun! But when I DO get my photos taken, boy, watch out. I'm going to be posting those babies. It's all digital now! I don't even have to ask someone to load the film for me! I just have to wait until my partner comes home to get the card out of the back of the thing.
Why did I call?
Oh, yeah. So, in the interim between planning to take photos and actually taking them, I visited one of my favorite sites, The Craftypod. Check this out! She's interviewed a person who interviewed a person who lived a whole century! But what really got me was, there's a link to that Century Girl, on her 101st birthday, dancing at her party! So cool!
There's a lot of cool stuff on this nifty interweb net thingie. I just hope I never have to open the back of it.
7 comments:
No wonder you had trouble loading the camera if it was a 33 mm, it WOULD be hard to load 35mm film. Of course, crafty you could carefully trim 1mm off each edge of the film, but doing it in the light ruins it, and trying to do that with an xActo knife in pitch blackness would probably draw a fair amount of blood. Congrats on the digital camera, you'll be much happier.
Are you telling me that I had a typo on my blog? What the hell?!?
Is this your attempt to distract us from the fact you have NOT submitted anything to the one world-one heart giveaway?
Hey, I'm LOOKING for a heart to submit, it's just that the print on those things is so teeny & smeary I'm having a hard time picking one with just the right message.
And eating all the rejects takes time, too, hey.
Okay, I'm sneaking in this comment section because I the one I really want to comment on already has 56 replies! I've been sick and missed out on all the excitement about the birdhouses and I don't remember you saying anything about this live and in person! I want a birdhouse, and a valentine and anything else you make. Who said it was okay for you to give things away to random blog readers?
Have you forgotten that it's all about me?
Dear Anonymous;
I sent you something this morning, because I could foresee that you were going to comment anonymously, yet not on the correct post, and I felt that to send you something would be the only way to get you to shut up.
With great fondness,
Chris
thank you.
Love and kisses
Yet Another Steve, is that like Too Many Daves? Or have I been reading too much Dr. Suess? Seuss? Whatever. Why am I here? Oh yeah, I want to encourage Chris about taking pictures. I love my digital camera because you can take as many crappy pics as you need before you get it right, and it don't cost you nothing, and no one will ever know. But you really need to learn to get the card out yourself so you can upload every time you take 5 pics, like me. Because I'm always right.
Post a Comment