
See?
And this means one thing. It means I am going to share with you something I just got! Well, I got it Saturday, but the point is, you didn't know it until now. Because what it is, is this: a bag for carrying art supplies when I'm in Maui at the beach.
You're jealous again. I understand.
Here's the deal: the timing of Michelle Ward's Street Team Crusades is uncanny in its not being canny. And the timing is unbelieveable, too. Think back. Think back at the crusades I've joined JUST AT THE TIME that I'd been already working on the subject at hand! What about the halloween spooky birdhouse thingy?! HUH? It was ready one day, the next, she was asking for spooky thingies. What about the art group starting our first art journals. HUH?! We agreed it was time to share our first art journal projects, and three days later, what was Michelle's crusade subject? Art Journals. I'm telling you... it's amazing!!
actually...
...it's almost like she's hacked into my account.
But enough about heartwarming instances of interlopers hacking into my secure email account. That's been so over-done.
TA-DA! My art supply kit! My Pandora's Box, as it were:

Here's the kit with all the crap in it. Crap is a term of endearment. I bought some of it new when I realized I'd be documenting our trip WHILE WE'RE ON THE TRIP! Oh, it's so exciting. I got some special beach-theme/island-theme/Hawaii-theme stickers, a new package of paintbrushes just for that, a new bound journal with pockets in it which is suitable for altering because it's got sturdy covers, thick pages, and a spiral binding.

And here's all the stuff outside the kit, to show that it holds a lot more than you think it would hold. And I'm taking paper for rubbings, and I feel remiss in that I did not include the two little ziplock snack baggies I'm going to put in there, for holding leaves and twigs and money and gold I find while on my trip.
I haven't decided whether I'll alter the outside. I'll probably wait until I get back and then sew some quilty things on it to commemorate the trip. But right now, I need it water-resistent.
I don't know how I'm going to get my snorkel mask in there.
21 comments:
Great kit for what sounds like a fantastic trip. Show us pictures of the journal when you return. But one question...how did you ever fit that much good stuff in that small bag???
You're onto me, I can access your email. Kidding. Cool that your bag is packed and you're ready to journal in Maui. Thanks for sharing your kit with the team Chris. That journal looks like the perfect thing for your trip too. Definitely wait to do the cover after. My 2 cents.
cool bag. I am currently on a quest for the perfect journaling kit/bag since i just decided i am bored with the one i am currently using. so fickle, i know. yours looks cool and i am so jealous that youare taking it along to maui. i am sure you will find even cooler stuff to put on it out there.
Her Most Noble Lady Chris the Imposing of Divine Intervention, off course I'm jealous (I look quite green round my nose) (that is what we say in Holland when we are jealous, do you say the same)? Maui, sigh... BUt I have got to say I love your little bag. I always have a problem choosing so I start with a little, but end up with a bigger one!
Lots of fun, Hedwig
Hey BB Sis Chris!!!! As usual your personality shines through and I love it! Hey, maybe you can find a starfish to attach to the cover??? AND don't forget the black sand that you can embed using Diamond Glaze or matte medium!!!!
Have a blast!
Smiles! Jo Anne
love the journal with pockets, very handy...have fun in Hawaii!
WOW! the stuff you can fit into one bag! I'd say, you have the gift of organization eh? I'm looking forward to this crusade, I just have to gather my shtuff off the table, chair, bookshelf, bin, box, balcony, out of the drawers, off the ledge, under the table... heh Thank you for setting me straight on the link mishap. Who knew Ur dog could type? lol Love it here, fun! xo, Monica
Fabulous little kit! I am in the process of making mine up as we speak...just need to do a little shopping! Have fun on your trip.
What a cool at adventure. It truly is amazing that all of that stuff fits into that little bag! Have a wonderful holiday!
And, don't forget to save all the ephemera you can find. Sugar bags at cafés, napkins, tickets etc etc
I keep going and looking at all these journal kits and finding the things I have forgotten. I am going to have to add more to mine. I love yours. I think a more sturdy container than fabric may be good. Have a great time on your trip and make sure to post!!! - Nicki
Small but perfectly formed for the on-the-go artist. Looks fab. Have a great time in H.
Love your little kit and wowser! it can hold alot. And I just had to crack up at your term of endearment 'crap'....too funny.
I love journaling on trips! And I can't believe all the stuff you fit into that little bag!
Jealous??? Yes!!! Journaling on the beach....fantastic...I would add my camera to the soup!
great kit - have a great holiday and don't forget to share your journal pages when you return.
wow, a lot does fit into it. sewing on the outside sounds good. will do the same to my junk bag.
it's so fun to see a cute little bag and then to see all of the goodness that can fit within one little pouch!
wow... much more manageable than mine! like the smallness... :)
Hope you had a magnificent trip! I am headed to Maui next month. Did you take the road to Hana? If so, I would love to see your journal pages;it is one of my favorite places in the world. I did decorate the outside of my bag, but not with quality things...you can not use what you do not have! I think being artists does foster greater intuition.
jodi
Great kit - you sure have managed to pack heaps of cool stuff into it.
Post a Comment