May 24, 2008

DAMMIT!

I took photos of my latest projects before mailing (sent today from the P.O., where a very gracious and helpful civil servant served me civilly - see? I can be positive, too) so I could post them here, but I don't know how to download photos from the new camera. So, I have to wait to get help.

For now, here's more of Maui. Yes, I know it's redundant, monotonous, overdone, lacrymose, and oblong, but it's all I've got. In other news, I've alienated yet another friend who will likely never talk to me again. I'm sure it seems like I'm a fabulous person, a good dancer with a snappy fashion sense and a demeanor of sophistication and elan. But really, I have no discernible people skills and nothing to bring to a friendship or team endeavor.

But, that's irrelevant because it's bad form to talk about such stuff on a blog. Can we just move ON ?




Another dull sunset shot from some random place on Maui.



Two of the waterfalls at our resort pool. Oh, and the jacuzzi, which was rife with spirochete.


The 'great room', where I did my journalling and then didn't take pictures of it.



The bedroom and patio, over which we watched people at the pool.
Oh, and looked at the view, of course.


The lovely bathroom, where I actually got to lie in a tub big enough for me to lie in.



On Haleakala. It's true that when the sun first comes up, it's even colder.



Jellyfish pretending to be dangerous. 'Ooh, don't get close! Ooh!' I get that all the time.



Next up: Chris probably won't talk about airplanes or Maui again, so will be reduced to sharing confidential information about other people. But she trusts you with it.

2 comments:

Diane Gilleland said...

What the H is spirochete? And why are you hitting me with all these vocabulary words? Will there be a test?

Chris said...

from dictionary.com
(because I don't know how to define things):

any of various spiral-shaped motile bacteria of the family Spirochaetaceae, certain species, as Treponema, Leptospira, and Borrelia, being pathogenic to humans and other animals, and other species being free-living, saprophytic, or parasitic.