
Okay, that's not technically true. The truth is, I'm lying. I don't have to be berated and reviled all around the blogosphere before I'll admit it. (Not that I don't enjoy being berated and reviled around the blogosphere, mind you.) I didn't paint this.
What I actually made were eleven pages for a cooperative book on the nine muses of Greek mythology. My muse was Melpomene, the muse of tragedy. And after months of thinking it over, and after a vacation of mulling it about in Maui (did I mention I went to Maui? Yeah. It was neat-o), I decided that Melpomene had been grumpy long enough. I decided that she probably would now prefer to facilitate a very special kind of grooviness.

Melpomene fronts

Melpomene backs

Mel rethinks the whole Mask-of-Tragedy thing.

Melpomene's moth has a little baby moth. Right on, mama.
At the same time, and also concurrently, the history pages were due. This month: the wild west. And I thought: Hey. What about them there rowdy girls? The original Riot Girrls, doncha know. I gots ta honor the cowgirls! Gimme a HAY!
Included on the pages are: Belle Starr (wanted for murder, robbery, horse-thievery, mischief, moodiness, control issues, and wearing boots without socks), Calamity Jane, Katie Elder, and Annie Oakley. Some of whom were posers, and some of whom would kick your ass for a pinch a tabacca.
They scare me.
2 comments:
These ROCK! I love the wild west gals, they are fun. And Melpomene with a smiley face is hilarious. What on earth possessed you to even think of stopping your blog when you would have missed all this adulation?!
Love these, love these, love these.
Where are my copies?
Love, one of your four readers.
Post a Comment