Holy Schmoly, it's hard coming back from vacation! Do you hear me? It's
very
difficult
coming back from vacation. Poor me! The work that's PILED UP!! What is happening?!
I'm not this valuable to the company, so that's not it. It's got to be that I accidentally stayed away 2 weeks and didn't realize how much fun I was having. Which would explain why the dog looked so much thinner when I got home.
Not only that, but I'm missing me the Kona coffee. Did you know that stuff is $18 for 12 ounces? What the hell? It's like Hawaii thinks they're the only place you can get that stuff, or something. I'm going to have to go black market pretty soon. A friend asked me for some of it after I got home and I said, 'You're gonna have to just step off, buster.' A person doesn't drink 100% Kona coffee three times a day for 8 days and then suddenly go cold turkey. I've got to ease off gradually, and I need all the Kona I've got to do that. As it is I've already had one of my lymph nodes up and explode on me.
Anyway, I'm swamped, I'm wired, and I'm still getting over the fact that when I got home one of the bags we checked had a little note inside from the friendly TSA people, stating that they felt compelled to open the bag and check for 'suspicious substances'.
I immediately screamed, 'WHERE'S MY KONA?', but then I remembered I'd carried that on with me, close to my heart. So then I realized the luggage they searched was the bag carrying my shampoo and toothpaste. These TSA people have something for cleansing agents. Apparently, they didn't take anything, because it looks like it's all there. Even my hand-held, battery operated 'friend'.
You know, in case things got slow.
So.
Now they know.
Which means, I'm on record now, for carrying 3.2 ounces of shampoo, and a personal toy. I can't wait for my next trip. I'll be going through security amid whispers and giggling. Those people talk about EVERYTHING. When I checked in last time, they were hollering jokes about their rubber gloves across the terminal. I've never heard 'bendover' that much in my life. Even when I've wanted to.
Anyway, that's not my point. My POINT is, I'm BUSY! I don't have time to give you further updates about Maui right now. But that doesn't mean the honeymoon's over, mes amis! Just for youse guys, here are some photos.




3 comments:
And about bloody time you got back, too! The blogosphere ain't the same without ya.
I especially like your photo of the three virgins in the volcano. See, that's the kind of photo you'd NEVER get in LA. I mean, we could come up with a volcano, I suppose, but ...
Sounds like you are already ready for another vacation! Is that you on the zip line? Cool!
i told you to put on a helmet before you did the zip line, not a turquoise baseball cap turned backwards. you never listen. i wanna see more photos of you doing ridiculous things. where are THOSE photos Ellen, I mean Chris?
Post a Comment