July 10, 2008

Another Travel Diary? Sew what?

So, plenty!

Have you seen this?

Moleskine makes wonderful journals, but I just found out about a travel diary with street maps and translucent overlays, so you can trace your own route on the map of the city you're visiting! And you can document and embellish the rest of the pages, which have the usual Moleskine quality. Groovy.




Okay.

I give up. You guys win.

If you must give me your sewing machine and your fabric and acoutrements, go ahead.

Somerset is cracking open a new publication about aprons, which publication is discussed by editor Jenny Doh over at her blog. The one about artists' studios was intriguing enough, but the one about aprons? Come on!! I have some fabulous apron ideas. And apron memories! I have so many! You have them, too, don't even try to front. Memories of aprons and apron-wearing? I hear ya.

In fact, let's all share our apron-wearing stories. What kind of apron was it? And what were you doing when you were wearing it?

Actually, maybe my other blog is better suited to apron-story-sharing. As for the here and now, let's just keep it at: you'll send over the beautiful sewing machine in perfect working order, which you aren't really using and don't really have room for right now, and I'll whip up an apron and submit it to Somerset. And I'll give you a bit of the credit.

First, of course, I'll break it in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's with that woman in the illustration? Not only is her merkin way too big, but she's wearing it on the outside and it has a face! Scary.

Chris said...

You know, I would ban you from commenting, but you make a good point.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have to approve all comments before they show up, so I figure I have a safety net. Even if you do pull the illustration out from under me (sniffle).