
Blogging behind his back.
I've been known to say this, when people talk about how they are getting wrinkles, they're freckled, they got bruises, they have flab, blah blah. "Oh, that's just the container." Because everything today seems to be about style and superficial beauty, and we as artists are just as prone to favor the pretty.
Forgot hat and jogging shorts.Last week, my partner and I went to Body Worlds 3 at the California Science Center. Being a fan of detective novels and forensics programming, I felt I was ready for whatever grossness they wanted to throw at me. But I had no idea how beautiful the container really can be.
There are the more unpleasant exhibits, such as the one showing the 'healthy' lung (which has only the usual black spots from environmental polutants disbursed throughout, but is mostly a pale ivory-grey color) versus the heavy-smoker's lung (all black). The enlarged heart and the brain with tumors (photos are not allowed, and I couldn't find photos of organs in my online search). But how can you help but marvel at the beauty of our musculature and systems of tendons and blood vessels?
That's a neck pull, right there.
How can the scull and face be covered with this many vessels and capillaries? HOW??
Needed a higher SPF.Check out more information here. Body Worlds 3 includes a giraffe and an ostrich, but the first two shows included a horse with rider and a guy with his own skin draped over his arm like a suit. At the end of the show, we have the option of picking up a card to fill out and sign up for plasticization. I considered this, but was informed that I'm going to be cremated and my ashes thrown over the garden resting place of Thor Heyerdahl.
Godhet!!
1 comment:
relations?
http://www.rachelmaddow.com/images/pict-rmaddow-2.jpg
http://www.tv.com/photos/viewer.html?type=21&ref_id=1326&ref_type_id=104&pic_number=59901
wow!
Post a Comment