March 10, 2009

Bird Brain!


Hey!

We got our first sighting of the season's oriole. I love the hooded oriole. I don't know if it's the same one, but a hooded oriole visits us every year in our tree, shown above. It makes a bright trilling tittering sound. But the reason you can't see it in the tree above, is because when I went to get my camera it had flown away. I know I probably wouldn't have gotten a very big picture of it, but I would have given it a shot (so to speak).

Here's what the hooded oriole looks like.


Isn't it beautiful?

I'll try again to get a photo when it comes back. Or maybe it will be out some time when I'm birding. Love the birdies!

16 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

So that picture of the bushes with flowers is really just a bush with flowers because I don't see the oriole. I have never seen an oriole before, not even an image of it. It is not beautiful, no it is magnificently beautiful.

As for your writing, I must say, not only is it worth reading, I may also say that I will forget for one moment that you and I are on opposites of the political spectrum, I have to give credit where credit is due - you are a natural Chris. It is a gift to make people laugh and feel joy without having to contort your body or make faces. Some people are natural born witty writers.

kelsey said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I neglect stuff to read about your life and silliness...didn't you know??? That's what artists do!!!

Pretty tree without the birdie even.

Expect post soon, it went postal today and hopefully won't kill too many people along the way. ;-)

Leau said...

Are you sure it wasn't just camera shy? I would have believed that it was in there somewhere...but then again, you do S T R E C H the truth sometimes...good thing you're cute! smooches

Anonymous said...

nice job making us all search for the oriole before letting us know it's just a picture of your tree!
But I did find Waldo.

Anonymous K

Chris said...

I just love you people. I keep wanting to reply to everyone's comment but I'm in a rush zone and I fear I miss people. Please don't hate me if I miss you!

Now that I think about it, don't hate me because I'm beautiful, either.

Susan Tuttle said...

It looks like Spring has sprung in your corner of the world!

A lot of folks leave sliced oranges on their fence posts around here for the Orioles. Have you ever heard of that? They love it!

xo

3rdEyeMuse said...

pretty, pretty birdie.

Lost Aussie said...

And I spied a Cardinal in my yard today..very chatty he was and hopefully a good portent of Spring!

Ces Adorio said...

I just came here to tell you that the word verification is "fakere"

Chris said...

Ces, that is SO accurate!

Ces Adorio said...

Chris, I think you are pronouncing it like a Caucasian. I am pronouncing it like an Oriental where an A is pronounced U.

Anyway, you can stop convincing me to use a mouse because I use my laptop for work and I do a lot of fron-end application build that requires going all over the screen, in fact a lightpen would be ideal. Also I am not a typist. I type using two fingers, did all my term papers and thesis typing with two fingers, I got better and now use three and when I feel really talented I use four.

The word verification for comments is a setting for your blog. I removed mine. It's like having unprotected sex. I am courting danger by getting spammed and I have before but lately it's been boring. My commenters are all monogamous and proper.

Ces Adorio said...

By the way, you really practice safe sex...er, I mean safe commenting with your blog. You moderate and you require word verification. Heheh.

Lorraine said...

I am so glad you put a pic up as I was wondering what you were going on about!! Hey I wonder with global warming if I will ever get one in my garden to keep the blackbirds company!!

girlgonethreadwild said...

Didn't know I respond to birdbrain, did you?

I do.

TBM said...

Wow! Ok, Chris, camera at the ready...

rivergardenstudio said...

How beautiful that you saw your first Oriele. Spring still has a way to go before she arrives here... but the birds are arriving! i hope you feel better soon... Roxanne