March 18, 2009

Kelsey First Class!

This is my second post today. But, I got the most wonderful mail art today from my friend Kelsey O'Mullane. All the way from Australia!

I'm such a lucky girl. Look at this canvas she made for me. Just for me!



And here's a close-up. (I'm practicing with the macro feature.)


This is so yummy I can hardly stand it!

As you will see on the sidebar at her site, Kelsey teaches at Scraptivate. Those lucky Aussie students!

13 comments:

Carrie said...

Very cool! I love the color!

3rdEyeMuse said...

that's some serious mail art love!! what a treasure ... you are so worthy & I have to imagine it's made you feel tons better, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh I had the pleasure of meeting her on the weekend..and the houses were part of a huge swap. Lucky chick.

Now...


what will you do in order fo rme to try a peep? Will you swap some art goodies?

simoart said...

Hi
A wonderful piece of art. Love the composition and colors. You have a good friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Chris but she told me you were supposed to pass this on to me. There must have been some sort of misunderstanding on your part. Just stick it back in the mail to me.

Anonymous K

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really cool and amazing. Where can I get friends that make me something like that. Cool blog! Thanks!

Kristina Strain said...

Isn't macro mode great? I just love it on my camera.

Kristina
Sweetfern Handmade

Gaby Bee said...

This piece is simply amazing. Love Kelseys art also. I'm sure you are over the moon with this one.

lynne h said...

chris! are you still there?!! have a FABULOUS vacation dear woman!!! xxoo

kelsey said...

I just got back from my 3 day retreat in Melbourne and am glad to hear your little canvas arrived safely. Had a WONDERFUL time meeting Bernie Berlin, DJ Pettit & Stephanie Lee....what a serious bunch of talented girls!!! Will update my blog soon with pictures of the little houses that we all swapped. We did extra so that Bernie, DJ & Stephanie got a set of houses too! Aren't we good students!!! lol ;-)

Ces Adorio said...

Hello Chris, thanks for your comment. Luckily I did not clean any of the fish. The captain told my husband and son that he will fillet all the other fish they caught if my son released the catfish which he did, so it can spawn more catfish. What do you call the baby catfish, kittenfish? Anyway, the catfish was older than my son and he happily obliged. I will post the pictures next week. That fish looked like a monster! Have a great weekend. I will be in transit and hope to catch up with you soon.

Your partner is right, there is nothing to cleaning fish when it is one or two but last summer there were fifteen striped bass weighing 5 to 12 pounds and my son was so proud to have caught them that he reserved the three largest ones for me to see and then clean!

I like to go fishing by ordering my fish from Alaska, all filleted and individually packed king salmon and halibut. No one gets smelly.

Seth said...

Peep piping - this is a fantastic piece. So layered and interesting!

Lost Aussie said...

Lovely piece, you lucky girl!
And the Jasmine looks (and Im sure smells) divine!