
Stephanie and Susanna are hosting a very moving and joyous Dia de Bloglandia again this year. Please visit all of the contributions by clicking here.
Our dear friend Phyllis passed away on Tuesday. We knew her affectionately as Gigi. She was one of the strongest people I've ever known. Today I am remembering how many times we laughed over the years since we met. She was funny and well-read, she always was ready to joke and tell a story, and she amazed me with her knitting artistry and her skills at playing Jeopardy!, cards, or any game. I loved the ease with which she could talk to me about anything at all. She was a treasured friend, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother.
Yesterday, in honor of Gigi, and for the auction, I finished my first Dia de Los Muertos shrine, which I entitled 'Family Portraits'. Here are photos.





Honor and celebrate all those you treasure in your life today!
27 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that. Phyllis was a beautiful lady. And your shrine is an absolutely fitting tribute. XO
Warm thoughts and condolences on your loss.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I often wonder how folks find me? I am glad you did! I love your blog too! I love the shrine. What a wonderful tribute.
I am glad I found your blog too. I will bookmark you & add you to my blogroll. Cheers
Chris, What a lovely tribute to your friend...your words bring her to life for us here.
thank you for being part of dia de bloglandia.
x..x
steph
I am so sorry for your hurting heart!
Chris this a wonderful tribute to Helen, a gorgeous shrine!!
ohohoh...
i so LOVE when folks
share personalities
like
this--->
""her skills at playing Jeopardy!""
:-)
aren't people grand!
here is to your gigi!
may you remember her always....
Well thank you, too, for sharing GiGi. She sounds like one of those friends who is really family in our hearts. I'm glad to have met her, and you too.
Your shrine is lovely. :-)
Happy Day de Los Muertos to you & yours!
♥
What a wonderful way to remember your friend!
You make me wish I'd known her.
this is a wonderful tribute Gigi. the shrine is beautiful.
thank you for sharing memories of your sweet friend today Chris.
i'm so sorry for your loss.
Chris- the front of your shrine really speaks to me....it is almost as if you have created the sugar skull, pastry type feel that I love out of paint! Really nice tribute to Gigi!
Love your tribute... Happy Dia De Los Muertos!! (is that what you say!?!?)
I imagine that your friend, Gigi, would be tickled pink to read your post about her and to see the joyful shrine you have created. Aren't we lucky to have and to have had such amazing people in our lives?
So very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful picture of Phyllis. Your box tribute is beautiful.
xx,
Autumn Clark
http://autumnsantics.blogspot.com/
What a beautiful tribute and shrine! I join you in celebrating the life of this lovely lady. I'm sure Gigi is smiling down on you.
I'm sorry about your friend's passing Chris. Your shrine is wonderful and a terrific tribute!
I love your tribute. Phyllis sounds like she was a wonderful lady. Thank you for sharing and condolences on your loss. Great tribute.
Hi Chris!
Phyllis sounds like a lot of older women who I adore. It's good to remember to enjoy our time with them, with anyone, NOW, so we can have that many more wonderful memories some day.
Your shrine is lovely - I really like the colors - they make me feel...... cozy. Comforted. Can't tell you why, they just do.
What a fun an uplifting shrine~all the more special since it's dedicated to Gigi. My condolences to you ~thank you for sharing her image and what made her special:)
such a beautiful post. Sorry to hear about your friend - what a colorful, uplifting shrine you've created. I imagine she is smiling.
thank you for sharing.
I'm so sorry about your friend. Your shrine is a sweet way to remember her joie de vivre.
Great picture of Gigi.
Nice repurposing of those glitter skulls too.
What a wonderful tribute, Chris. She looks like she was all that you say. I can see it in her eyes. The eyes say so much.
So sorry for your loss.
God bless gigi. what a tribute and happy you had the chance to revel in her while here on earth. thank you so much for your well wishes, so very sweet of you. my mom is great! xo wanda
fabulous!!! I never thought of making an offerend in a cigar box! I just so happen to have a few of them...hmmm. I love that you finished it in honor of your beloved friend!!!
your gigi shrine is a treasure trove of beauty and so celebrates her presence in your life.
all that love and power will come to life when it helps transform the lives of others!
thank you,
rebecca
Oh Chris, two beautiful tributes to your friend Gigi. Your fabulous shrine and your lovely reminder to honor those that we treasure in our lives TODAY - while we still have them in our lives. Seeing the love in Gigi's eyes, I think she would have liked your post of love for her very much.
Post a Comment